Rangers V. Cubs IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmesero5

Pro
4.70 star(s)
Hey guys,
I spent the weekend at the Rangers V. Cubs games in Arlington. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the most frustrating and least productive trip I have ever had to the ballpark. Hardly anyone signed all 3 days and because of that I came away with very little. The Rangers weren't signing. The Cubs sure weren't signing. On top of that, almost all of the Cubs players completely ignored everyone including the people wearing Cubs clothing. And almost all of the ones who didn't blow everyone off refused to sign for anyone who was not wearing Cubs stuff. But these people weren't Cub fans because they came to me to ask me who Carlos Marmol was. There were tons of them. Almost as many as the Ranger fans. They were trying to start fights and being loud and obnoxious. It was really the worst experience I have had at the Ballpark in the 10 years I have been graphing there. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with real fans of any team but these people were just ridiculous. I'm sure there were some real Cub fans there but I didn't meet any. Sorry for the rant but I was just very put off with the whole experience. I hope everyone else has better luck than me. It was nice to hang out with thehalk on Friday tho. Here's what I got:

Julio Borbon

100_1542.jpg

Frankie Francisco

100_1543.jpg

Andy Hawkins

100_1544.jpg

Clint Hurdle, Ted Lilly (was very nice when he was signing, signed almost everyone), and Guillermo Moscoso

100_1545.jpg

David Murphy

100_1546.jpg

Randy Wells (Great guy! He signed everyone who asked! I was very impressed by how nice he was!)

100_1547.jpg

C.J. Wilson

100_1548.jpg

Thanx for looking!
Arron

I had a tough experience with the Rangers when they were in Cleveland at the beginning of the year. Hurdle and Borbon were about I can recall from the weekend. Miserable.

What set (deck?) are those C.J. Wilson jacks from? The reason I ask is that my son collects jokers and I would be interested in who's on the jokers and if they are available for trade.

Regards,

Michael

Really? That's unusual...The Rangers are usually a great signing team here, which I suppose is to be expected, and that's what made the weekend seem even worse. Hamilton didn't even get close to stopping and he's normally one of our consistent signers.

The CJ's are just from an Academy deck of playing cards. I'm pretty sure that Rangers Captain is on the Jokers. I could get you one with relative ease if you're interested. PLMK.

Really? That's unusual...The Rangers are usually a great signing team here, which I suppose is to be expected, and that's what made the weekend seem even worse. Hamilton didn't even get close to stopping and he's normally one of our consistent signers.

The CJ's are just from an Academy deck of playing cards. I'm pretty sure that Rangers Captain is on the Jokers. I could get you one with relative ease if you're interested. PLMK.

Yes, I'd be interested. Is that the Rangers mascot? Sorry, never been to Arlington for a game and he doesn't travel! :)

I was also there the whole weekend. I happen to work there and I also noticed fans trying to pick fights and many that had more than their share of drinks.
It's never easy to get autographs when the crowds are that large and come early. Glad that you did have some luck.

yep, it turned into wrigley south...it's always annoying when the ballpark becomes yanks,red sox or this time, cubs home games. and especially when most of these so called cub fans dont know anything about the cubs. just like the six flags rangers fans that dont know jack and are too worried about starting the wave...46k fans and yet it turns into a total cluster...

it also sucks when jerry meals rings up Vlad on a pitch that was about a foot outside..and dan iassogna's zone on friday was ridiculously inconsistent too...it's time for robots!!! :)

anyway good job man, let me know when you come back to a-town!!

Yeah. That's what I was saying too about the zone. If Vlad doesn't swing at it...and then turns around to argue...guess what? It's not a strike! And Nellie threw that guy out at the plate but he was called safe. It seemed to me that there were a lot of questionable calls in crucial situations that went against us but I didn't want to be the one to gripe about the officiating. It was pretty ridiculous. But I'll be back on June 4th and 5th for the Rays series and hopefully have a lot more luck with graphing.