Rangers V. Mariners IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmesero5

Pro
4.70 star(s)
Hey guys,
I had a great day at the Rangers and Mariners game. i got a ton of good autographs and the Rangers won, both of which made getting up at 5 o'clock to drive down there seem definitely worthwhile. Here's what I got:

Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Ron Washington

100_1405.jpg

Josh Hamilton

100_1403.jpg

100_1404.jpg

Frankie Francisco, Neftali Feliz, and Rich Harden

100_1401.jpg

Milton Bradley (I got him on Ranger cards intentionally)

100_1398.jpg

Cliff Lee (For my SP set)

100_1397.jpg

The Rangers ended up winning 9-2 behind Scott Feldman but the most interesting and noteworthy part of the game was that David Murphy ended up reaching base 2 consecutive Plate Appearances by virtue of Catcher's Interference. I thought that was strange. Does anyone know if this has ever happened before?

100_1394.jpg

Thanx for looking!
Arron

Yeah. I wasn't gonna get it but he hardly ever signs so i figured that I'd better get him while he was humbled enough to sign. Lol.

Did you get these guys inside the park before the game? I've heard of a lot of people getting them walking from their cars into the park.

Colvin

Did you get these guys inside the park before the game? I've heard of a lot of people getting them walking from their cars into the park.

Colvin

The Rangers sign coming in out at the tunnel but I got all the Mariners guys and most of the Rangers' pitchers inside the park.

"ESPN Stats & Information's Mark Simon passes along this interesting note on David Murphy reaching base via catcher interference in consecutive plate appearances.

That hasn't happened in a major league game in more than 30 years. Bob Stinson of the Mariners did it on July 24, 1979, against the Orioles.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last team to have two catcher interferences called on it was the Minnesota Twins against Seattle on April 23, 1986."
Mark Salas was the catcher in that one.....It is interesting to note that Seattle catcher Adam Moore went to UTA..nice homecoming dude, 2 catcher's interference calls..awesome