Rays-Rangers IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Going to hopefully do some hounding in a few weeks when the Rays play at the Rangers.

Haven't hounded inside Arlington before. Any tips? Good/bad places to go?

Any players on either team who I shouldn't bother asking?

Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

I heard that Longoria signed like 5 mins before gametime on the right of the home side dugout, but can't confirm that. There also quite a few guys who do Rangers games here (as the home team) that can tell you more. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice. Just got all my crap packed up and put on boards. If anyone's curious, here's what I'm taking. I'm not counting on getting too many of these guys, but it's better to have cards and not get them done than it is to not have the cards and see the guy sign (which is why I carry cards of Ryan, Sundberg, Kirby, and Servais; you never know, so it's better to be prepared; it's not like taking a few extra cards is adding major weight to my bag).

Elvis Andrus: 1 card
Nelson Cruz: 1 card
Joaquin Arias: 2 cards
Ryan Garko: 1 card (looks like I can remove it; I had it out just in case he got called back up)
Vlad Guerrero: 1 card
Josh Hamilton: 3 cards
Rich Harden: 1 card (pitching tomorrow, forget him)
Ian Kinsler: 1 card
Brandon McCarthy: 2 cards (another I can put away)
David Murphy: 3 cards
Darren Oliver: 2 cards
Chris Ray: 3 cards
C.J. Wilson: 1 card
Michael Young: 3 cards
Rangers Team card: 2 (2006 Topps)
Dave Anderson: 9 cards
Keith Comstock: 1 card
Wayne Kirby: 2 cards
Andy Hawkins: 6 cards
Clint Hurdle: 3 cards
Scott Servais: 5 cards
Mike Maddux: 8 cards
Spike Owen: 8 cards
Gary Pettis: 9 cards
Jim Sundberg: 3 cards
Nolan Ryan: 3 cards
Ron Washington: 3 cards

Willy Aybar: 2 cards
Jason Bartlett: 2 cards (on DL, probably won't see)
Hank Blalock: 3 cards
Pat Burrell: 1 card
Evan Longoria: 1 card
Carl Crawford: 3 cards
Matt Garza: 2 cards (pitching tomorrow, probably won't get)
Dioner Navarro: 3 cards
Carlos Pena: 1 card
James Shields: 1 card
Andy Sonnanstine: 1 card
Rafael Soriano: 3 cards
B.J. Upton: 2 cards (and hell might freeze over too)
Dan Wheeler: 2 cards
Skeeter Barnes: 4 cards
George Hendrick: 3 cards
Tom Foley: 9 cards (even if no one else signs, Tom will be good for these, I'm certain)
Joe Maddon: 1 card
Don Zimmer: 3 cards
Dave Martinez: 9 cards
Team cards: 4 (2 2006 and 2 2007 Topps)

23 index cards for anyone I have no cards for.
1 OMLB that I just put random Rangers on. I may just leave this home though.

May I ask why you are taking these for the Rays?

George Hendrick: 3 cards ( He only will sign Cardinals stuff so don't bother if it's not)

I don't think Zimmer travels with the team either. He doesn't even stay for the whole game when they play at home.

Thanks for the heads up on Burrell. I totally missed the fact he wasn't on their roster anymore. You can probably tell baseball isn't my main sport, lol.

Barnes, Hendrick, and Zimmer are my "in the unlikely event" guys. I come prepared for anyone and everyone associated with a team just in case, even if they're completely unlikely to be there. I figure it's only a few extra cards and since I have them all on boards with photo corners, it's not like it means extra stuff to shuffle through, just some wasted space on a board or three.

The Hendrick cards are Angels, so it sounds like I'm screwed there.

I figured Zimmer wouldn't travel, but like I said, he's in the "just in case" category. I'm not sure whether to bother trying Zim TTM or not. I've heard from some that his stuff is legit when compared to IP examples, but he says in his autobiography that his wife signs them all.

What does Barnes have to do with the team? I go to Rays games all the time and can say I have never seen the guy before.

He would be the baserunning coordinator, lol. I know, probably about an eleventy billion to 1 chance of him being there. I'm just one of those paranoid types who prepares for everyone just in case. The extra preparation rarely serves as more than a time waster, but has come through on a couple of rare occasions.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Just got all my crap packed up and put on boards. If anyone's curious, here's what I'm taking. I'm not counting on getting too many of these guys, but it's better to have cards and not get them done than it is to not have the cards and see the guy sign (which is why I carry cards of Ryan, Sundberg, Kirby, and Servais; you never know, so it's better to be prepared; it's not like taking a few extra cards is adding major weight to my bag).

Elvis Andrus: 1 card
Nelson Cruz: 1 card
Joaquin Arias: 2 cards
Ryan Garko: 1 card (looks like I can remove it; I had it out just in case he got called back up)
Vlad Guerrero: 1 card
Josh Hamilton: 3 cards
Rich Harden: 1 card (pitching tomorrow, forget him)
Ian Kinsler: 1 card
Brandon McCarthy: 2 cards (another I can put away)
David Murphy: 3 cards
Darren Oliver: 2 cards
Chris Ray: 3 cards
C.J. Wilson: 1 card
Michael Young: 3 cards
Rangers Team card: 2 (2006 Topps)
Dave Anderson: 9 cards
Keith Comstock: 1 card
Wayne Kirby: 2 cards
Andy Hawkins: 6 cards
Clint Hurdle: 3 cards
Scott Servais: 5 cards
Mike Maddux: 8 cards
Spike Owen: 8 cards
Gary Pettis: 9 cards
Jim Sundberg: 3 cards
Nolan Ryan: 3 cards
Ron Washington: 3 cards

Willy Aybar: 2 cards
Jason Bartlett: 2 cards (on DL, probably won't see)
Hank Blalock: 3 cards
Pat Burrell: 1 card
Evan Longoria: 1 card
Carl Crawford: 3 cards
Matt Garza: 2 cards (pitching tomorrow, probably won't get)
Dioner Navarro: 3 cards
Carlos Pena: 1 card
James Shields: 1 card
Andy Sonnanstine: 1 card
Rafael Soriano: 3 cards
B.J. Upton: 2 cards (and hell might freeze over too)
Dan Wheeler: 2 cards
George Hendrick: 3 cards
Tom Foley: 9 cards (even if no one else signs, Tom will be good for these, I'm certain)
Joe Maddon: 1 card
Don Zimmer: 3 cards
Dave Martinez: 9 cards
Team cards: 4 (2 2006 and 2 2007 Topps)

23 index cards for anyone I have no cards for.
1 OMLB that I just put random Rangers on. I may just leave this home though.

Good signers for Texas:

Cruz
Wilson
Harden
Hamilton
Washington
Pettis (only by dugout before game)

All the others will be a challenge, good luck!

Turns out it was pretty much pointless. They had some parade around the warning track for something, so I didn't see anyone sign. All I got: Joaquin Benoit on an index card, Lance Cormier on my ticket stub (because he won't sign blank index cards), and a nifty sunburn. Total waste. I can go to at least two more games, and I'd debating about whether to even bother taking anything with me.

You should get there early enough to get to the tunnel as the players come in, quite a few guys stop there to sign on their way into the stadium.

I might see if I can try that next time. My only problem is that I have a two-hour drive each way to get there and my wife hates having to wait around. I'll see if I can talk her into it next time, lol.

Not sure when I'll be going next. She wants to see the Red Sox, I want to see the Indians. I have a coupon package that I could use on the Indians, but not on the Sox (that "premium games" crap or whatever it is blows), and then would still have enough left for one more game. My choices are either 7/11 vs. Baltimore, 7/25, 10/2, or 10/3 vs. LA-Anaheim, 8/28 or 8/29 vs. Oakland, or 7/2 vs. Chicago. The 10/3 would be the easiest since my work schedule and saving for vacation won't interfere, but I'm not sure which one we'll go with yet.