READ - Packing suggestion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrchoholic83

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

I have seen lately that the fad lately is for eBayers to add a *** of paper or packing peanut in the bubble mailer. Unfortunately it DESTROYS the card and case! If you just send it in the bubble mailer and a taped toploader you have a much better chance of a card not getting ruined. I have about a 50% rate of damage on cards containing a packing peanut or *** of paper in the bubble mailer. Please DO NOT DO THIS!

Thank you,

Jeremy

I think the reason they do that is to strictly meet the Post Office's requirement that a package needs to be a minimum thickness to be tracked.

no you can track a standard envelope if you pay the 2.75 for it. sounds like people are packing stuff and dont know what there doing.

My Po always says if it is not 3/4 thick you can not put Dc on it, and they have been known to actually check it.I usually just wrap a little extra bubble wrap around it and it is good.

guess it helps to have family in the local post office i guess lol.

I think the reason they do that is to strictly meet the Post Office's requirement that a package needs to be a minimum thickness to be tracked.

That what I have to do for the delivery confirmation.....If you don't have the 3/4 thickness, You must go the priority route and it costs a whole lot more!! I guess others who pad it with peanuts or newpaper card and don't go the dc route are only trying to protect the card or cards from damage. Therefore, they should also write on the bubble envelope....DO NOT BEND or NO MACHINE! Best regards, David

Also had a bubble envelope/dc mailed to me with the Griffey Jr auto/patch serial #25 in a sealed top loader......The top loader was crushed by the Machine and it damaged the Griffey auto/gu card!! The mistake by the seller was not writing....DO NOT BEND or NO MACHINE! on the bubble envelope. The item had insurance and I got the insurance money from the USPO. Best regards, David

i do it to make it thicker for d/c as well. they would always give me a hard time.

though when it comes to packing up items, i have always been very OCD lol so i make sure i pre-package the item very well. never had a problem before to this day.

I pay $1.41 every time I ship on ebay for a bubble mailer with DC no matter the thickness.

I'm guessing you print all your labels through Paypal, which is what I do as well. On there they do not ask for thickness. However, when you go into the post office, your envelope must be 3/4-inch thick to add DC.

As for the envelope going through a machine, it doesn't matter what people write on the outside of the envelope if they don't bother to pay the extra non-machinable rate or package rate. It definitely doesn't hurt to write Do Not Bend or Non-Machinable on the package, but only if paying the extra postage.

They do it because some sticklers measure every bubble before putting the DC or what not on it.. The key is going to the PO's in pharmacys or something like that.. I've also become known in the POs around here so they usually just help me out regardless

Chris

thats true, i go to the same post office all the time. its a nice small one but very efficent and the same employees are always there. i go there a couple times a week so they know me well. their willing to help me out as well on some packages.

I'm guessing you print all your labels through Paypal, which is what I do as well. On there they do not ask for thickness. However, when you go into the post office, your envelope must be 3/4-inch thick to add DC.

As for the envelope going through a machine, it doesn't matter what people write on the outside of the envelope if they don't bother to pay the extra non-machinable rate or package rate. It definitely doesn't hurt to write Do Not Bend or Non-Machinable on the package, but only if paying the extra postage.

It does matter and you don't have to pay extra for non-machinable rate or package rate. I just got a PWE with a card in a top loader today.....the evelope is torn pretty badly and the top loader could have come out. Its been run thru the machine! I always use bubble envelopes and write DO NOT BEND on it...they only charge the regular 1st class rate! Best regards, David PS 3 1/2 years of during this way and over 4,000 bubble envelopes.

i send bubble mailers all the time with DC and have never put anything in there...if you must put something, put a piece of cardboard or something flat that doesn't destroy the card...I have had this same problem with stuff I get and I can't tell you how much I HATE to open up a bubble mailer and find a packing peanut in with my card.