Received my Topps Million card Giveaway cards, less than 1 week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otgoal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Overall very pleased (except with the shipping which I'll go over below). I sent in my request less than a week ago.
Condition is good for the most part.

1952 Westrum is very nice. No bends or wrinkles, just the corner wear.
1959 Hodges is excellent...only the centering detracts from it. Very sharp otherwise.
1955 Stanky is probably the worst of the bunch, except for the 1967 Giants team card, which I wasn't planning on selling or trading anyway. Stanky shows some back staining and wear mostly everywhere.
1962 Howser has a printing line.
1963 Charles is sharp again, though, for the centering.
1967 League Leaders card is really nice. Sharp and clean, about 70/30 all around.
1967 Giants card has a wrinkle along the left side.

As far as shipping, I requested and paid for UPS, which was more and included insurance, but it came USPS, in a padded envelope for $1.73. I called Topps and told them I would like reimbursement for the difference, because if I knew it was coming the cheaper way I wouldn't have paid extra for UPS. I was told they would let the necessary party know and call me back. I'll be waiting for the call.

benchmcg.JPG

I think I requested delivery on 8 cards, and it was about half that - maybe $3.90 or something like that.

Wish I had your Gil Hodges instead of mine ('62, I think)!

Just a quick question, Do they accept Paypal to pay for the shipping?

I'm not sure...All I saw was an option for credit card, but maybe someone else used Paypal. I would have used it, but I didn't see the option.

I'm amazed you got them that quick. I waited almost three months for mine and complained twice before I got them. Pretty nice conditions on those too for the most part.

how did you get such awesome cards...I have quite a few 2001, 1995, and cards like that which i dont want

I had quite a few commons, newer cards etc. that I ended up trading in volume for single cards.
I would put together a lot of say, 1987 singles, and trade maybe 4-5 $1 and $2 cards for an older single card worth about $3-$5.
I kept doing that and trading in bulk, offering higher BV in total in return for a lower value older card and ended up with the ones you see.
I think the only one I uncovered with a code was the 1952 Westrum.

i go through my newer stuff and if its a card i'm not going to have shipped i just trade it to someone who wants it for whatever they have offered...figure i'm helping someone else out with what they want.

Who am I to hold that 1984 Dave Stewart hostage? lol.