Recent Pick ups JANUARY Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Bernies Both 001/100 (Card show pick up and COMC)
1999 Pacific Ornament Jeter Thanks to a Bench Trade with RhodeSideInn
1958 Topps #275 Elston Howard (Better condition than the on in the PC)
1954 Topps #5 Ed Lopat
1952 Bowman Vic Raschi
1998 Pacific Online Red Paul O’neill (Waited years to add this one!)
1990 Topps Auto Randy Valardi (4th for the collection)
1981 Topps Jerry Mumphrey (needed this auto to go with a G/U Bat of his)
ahaul.jpg

Started off 2011 with a bang: :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=130471494387

pon2000h2.jpg

Saw this card listed and I hit the BIN immediately. These have sold for as much as $125 to $150, but typically $70-90. What makes this even sweeter is that this purchase was covered almost entirely by my eBay bucks.

One of my all-time favorite sets, I've had the complete 11 card GU set but I am glad to finally land all three O'Neill cards. http://oneill21.webs.com/hologrfx.htm. I had bought the #/25 back in 2007 and, and had just recently found it. http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=331808. :eek: I would have never thought that I'd have all cards three so soon.

- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series PS11
- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series Autographs PSA11 #/25
- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series Autographs PSA11A #/21

img014.jpg
pon2000h2.jpg
pon2000h.jpg

Yeah...I have no idea why UD made a /21 and /25 auto version, there is no difference between them besides the hand numbering.

Started off 2011 with a bang: :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=130471494387

pon2000h2.jpg

Saw this card listed and I hit the BIN immediately. These have sold for as much as $125 to $150, but typically $70-90. What makes this even sweeter is that this purchase was covered almost entirely by my eBay bucks.

One of my all-time favorite sets, I've had the complete 11 card GU set but I am glad to finally land all three O'Neill cards. http://oneill21.webs.com/hologrfx.htm. I had bought the #/25 back in 2007 and, and had just recently found it. http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=331808. :eek: I would have never thought that I'd have all cards three so soon.

- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series PS11
- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series Autographs PSA11 #/25
- 2000 Upper Deck HoloGrFX A Piece of the Series Autographs PSA11A #/21

img014.jpg
pon2000h2.jpg
pon2000h.jpg

Yeah...I have no idea why UD made a /21 and /25 auto version, there is no difference between them besides the hand numbering.

Ravi, Happy that worked out for you. I still need the /25 so I hope your still hunting for me. They look good all together.

1999 Stadium Club Sean Casey Magenta Printing Plate 1/1
2005 Diamond Kings Sean Casey Framed Green Platinum 1/1

I really like older printing plates. I know it does not make any sense, but it seems like the older ones are harder to get then printing plates out of newer products.

Casey1of1front.jpg
Casey1of1back.jpg

Tal

worldwideed-cool coins!!!

I just picked up a 2010 topps tribute mel ott jersey for 10.99 DLVD!!

A few PC pickups:

card341.jpg
2005 Bowman Chrome Bagwell Black Printing Plate 1/1

I was really excited about this card because it is one of my favorite bagwell cards to begin with. I think it really shows his intensity and passion for the game.

Also a few pickups for my HOF auto PC:

card338.jpg

card339.jpg

and the big one

card340.jpg
Willie Mays Team Topps Legends ON CARD AUTO!!!!

Also picked this up for trade:

card342.jpg

Derrek Lee 08 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas Patch Auto /25

Thanks for looking.

Dan

Good couple of mail days brought these. I caught the vintage bug again.
I have been after this card for years and I found a beauty. I took a chance on a raw card and scored:
1962 Rookie Parade Bernie Allen, Rich Rollins, Phil Linz and Joe Pepitone.
pepitone.jpg
1909-11 T206 KID ELBERFELD with the Piedmont back. I already had the sweet Corporal back.
1934-1936 #62 Batter Up Ben Chapman. I have Chapmans ’33 and ’34 Goudey so I wanted to add to his cards:
t206.jpg
A few more vintage where I had holes:
vintaget.jpg
vintaget1.jpg
Some numbered and inserts too
Another O’neill 001/ Thanks to Nevermore for finding me this one.
Tino Martinez and Jose Contreras /25 and a Jeter I was missing. Contreras came from a Bench Trade thanks to Msfan
newer.jpg
Last is a Hughs G/U and a replacement Guidry auto. The lower Guidry had touches on the corner I couls not live with. It is for trade.
guidry.jpg

Last edited:
I work in downtown Brooklyn, a few subway stops away from 116 Nassau Street. According to hopstop.com, it is now "Abacus Federal Savings Bank." I can drop by there one day over lunch...I'm in lower Manhattan for meetings several times a week, so I can "verify" what actually is there now. :D

Mopar, wow I never would have thought to look into the address. Interesting stuff. Who knows what I have. It is in the collection now. Thanks for looking for me.

Kevin,

You are probably close enough to visit the place, but I googled the address, as the name didn't bring much. Looks like 116 Nassau St in NY was a photography studio for quite some time. I found a site highlighting a collection of photos by Morris Rosenfeld and his sons. Looks like he and his sons operated a studio for many years, and most recently under the name M. Rosenfeld and Sons in 1981, when it closed. The collection mentions photos stamped with that address, so I assume it was their studio for a while.

https://www.rosenfeldcollection.com...e&page_id=DB6DF305-65B8-D398-7846CA212AAEFFCF

I am guessing E. Strauss may have taken over from a previous tenant, possibly Rosenfeld himself and subsequently passed it along to newer tenants.

Looks like this is the firm currently residing at that location:

EQUITABLE BLUEPRINT & PHOTOPRINT INC
116 Nassau St
New York , NY 10038

I am guessing your item was probably something E. Strauss was printing or reviewing for Donruss at the time, although Topps would have made a more likely client, being in NY themselves with Donruss being in Memphis, TN at the time.

I have seen blue paper proofs before, Fleer stickers and stamps, if I remember correctly. Interesting that these two companies would come up in this same subject. Fleer was in Philly.

I'm finally getting a start on my 2010 Bowman Draft AU set after successfully completely last year's set!

Mike Olt (Pulled from a box)
Olt.jpg

Mike Foltynewicz (Purchased from a trader)
scan0002.jpg

Christian Colon (Purchased from a trader)
scan0003.jpg

Noah Syndergaard (Purchased from Ebay)
scan0004.jpg

Who says you cant make a decent trade anymore...Made a humongous trade with Kevin (yanks21), here's the haul. Sorry computer's down, no scans, but pics from my phone. Thanks man!

1996 circa rave /150
bcd5f666.jpg
d8e6f517.jpg

2000 sp buybacks 1993 auto /110
dfb97ca8.jpg
f6dc4b75.jpg
92e5db47.jpg

2003 topps all time fan favorites auto sp (completes the atff auto run)
52d92ca3.jpg
57d4791b.jpg

2003 topps retired signature refractor auto /25 (finally!)
cbf20e63.jpg
786b118b.jpg

if that wasn't enough, Kevin threw in some 1960s Yankees topps base for my team sets:
14282f94.jpg

I received these the day before my interview with him.

CaseyAuto1.jpg
CaseyAuto2.jpg

The personal inscriptions were at my request.

Tal