Recent Pickups - APRIL Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finally found one of these, for a card with 10000 copies it is hard to track down. These retailed for $20 each in 1998. Would make a killer multi-player auto.

1998 Yankees Upper Deck Commemorative 5x7 #/9800

98wsjumbo.png

98wsjumbo2.png

yanks-I have a 1948 Bowman george "snuffy" stirweiss if you need it for your yankees set..

Got this in today..
2011-04-07162055.jpg

Not sure what to make of these, they came with the other card I posted. Are available if anyone is interested.

Mickey Mantle
mantlea.jpg
mantleb.jpg

And these from 2003 Authentic Images....not sure if this is the Yankees team set or not. But all are

Roger Clemens
clemensa.jpg
clemensb.jpg

Jason Giambi
giambia.jpg
giambib.jpg

Derek Jeter
jetera.jpg
jeterb.jpg

Hideki Matsui (2003 Rookie?)
matsuia.png
matsuib.jpg

Alfonso Soriano
sorianoa.jpg
sorianob.jpg

Nevermore are the screw thru the cards? Or are the screws fake? Im not sure I am understanding whats going opn with those AUthenitic Images card :eek:

Anyways, got these in today!!! (man I hate my home scanner, gonna have to redo these on the better work scanner tommorow)

02UpperDeckThePeoplesChoiceGameJerseyGold.jpg

04StudioPlayersCollectionsPlatinum.jpg

1997PinnacleInsideDuelingDugouts.jpg

1997-98FleerMillionDollarMomentsRedemption.jpg

2001DonrussSignatureSignatureProofs.jpg

slavlite - Nice Madduxes! I was confused about the Authentic Images when I first opened the package, I had thought they were ruined also. When I unscrewed the case I found there were holes for the screws on the cards. Then I looked online I saw all other cards by this company came in screwdowns, it was part of their design, kinda like Razor cards or Prime Cuts cards coming in BGS cases.

slavlite - Nice Madduxes! I was confused about the Authentic Images when I first opened the package, I had thought they were ruined also. When I unscrewed the case I found there were holes for the screws on the cards. Then I looked online I saw all other cards by this company came in screwdowns, it was part of their design, kinda like Razor cards or Prime Cuts cards coming in BGS cases.

Gotcha- Kind of an interesting set. Were they a QVC type thing, or a regional Yankees type thing? I never even heard of these

Gotcha- Kind of an interesting set. Were they a QVC type thing, or a regional Yankees type thing? I never even heard of these

Not sure how they were sold, but from what it seems they have released a bunch of other cards from late 90s to early 00s. A lot of times they are listed as 24K Gold cards, here's a sampling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360036294505
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190137098480
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250766779075
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110671695424

I had one good Saturday! Got a few HoFers in for the PC. Looking forward to the coming week as the forecast 100% chance more HOFers are to be expected :D

GU

040820114.jpg

040820113.jpg

040820112.jpg

and a Gehrig insert I needed for good measure:

04082011.jpg

Dewayne

Nice Pick Ups Dewayne!

Got this Future HOFer in today :D

2003 Hot Prospects MLB Hot Triple Patch #PBM Prior/Beckett/MadduxMEMSN 50 $100.00
03HotProspectsMLBHotTriplePatchPBM.jpg

Tuesday's mail

Tuesday was a good mail day at the old Perry household! Here are the goods:

0412201120.jpg

0412201121.jpg

And finally......

04122011.jpg

Should have a few more HoFers in this week. That includes a few more Gehrigs!

Dewayne

Here are the goodies from today's trip to the old mail box:

04142011.jpg

Why did a Robert Fick GU card get put in with two Gehrig GU cards and a Chris Duncan auto/patch (11/23)? He is the last card I needed to complete the 2003 UD National Pride GU set:D Wow, only eight years to put that one to bed, lol!

Dewayne

Here are a few I was pretty excited to pick up for the PC over the last couple days:

Not bad for my first Tebow 1/1!
2010TripleThreadsTEBOW1.jpg

National Treasures /49
2010NationalTEBOW49.jpg

Certified /50
2010CertifiedTEBOW50.jpg

Bowman Sterling
2010BowmanSterlingHEYWARDAU.jpg

Got this bad boy in today. :) (this is the eBay picture, I'll be posting a scan when I post my Lou Brock collection so far)

$(KGrHqUOKpQE1qfIYeKuBNkm20N2Og~~_12.jpg