Reds looking for a 1B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spartanfan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm trying to acquire a starting 1B - preferably a guy with good power since I have to let 'Dig' Castro go to free agency. I'm in good shape financially so I can take on some salary for a talented player.

Also looking to improve my minors since my farm is near the bottom of the league. Could use a SS, 3B, or 1B prospect.

Let me know if you have a 1B available, or I'll see who's hitting free agency. I have some guys I can give up, but it will depend on who I can acquire. Thanks,

Eric

Have a player earning 10 mil or so in 2008 that you'd like to free yourself of? I have Delgado, good power but big 2008 contract. See my post in this forum.

---Frank

I could move Jeff Larish, he is in my AA right now, and I don't see having a space for him in the near future, he is MLB ready, with no MLB service yet. 65 power rating.

Looking for SP and RP in return.

LMK - Chris

Frank - Delgado is getting up there in age and his ratings have declined quite a bit. I'll think about it, but want to see if I have better options first - either trades or FAs. Thanks though,

Eric

Last edited:
I have Daryle Ward who is in the final year at $8.1m, plays corner OF as well. Doesn't fit with my plans as I have the positions covered, so he would be cheap.

I could move Paul Konerko and a 1B prospect (have 2 or 3 to chose from) if interested. May also be able to help with a SS prospect.

Thanks and PLMK.

Gene

I could move Jeff Larish, he is in my AA right now, and I don't see having a space for him in the near future, he is MLB ready, with no MLB service yet. 65 power rating.

Looking for SP and RP in return.

LMK - Chris

Chris - I like Larish, just not sure if you're allowed to trade him. I remember reading somewhere that we can't trade 2007 draft picks for a year. Just not sure if that means 6/15/2008, or maybe once the calendar year is over and maybe we could trade starting on 1/1/2008?

I'll wait for an answer on that from Nick - I posted it in another thread. I'll start working on replies about the other guys that were offered. I'm just sorting through it all now.

Eric

I can move any one of the following:

Travis Hafner, Hank Blalock, Dylan Greiner

Hafner is the most established, and the most expensive...but a moderate contract with a team option on 3rd year.

Blalock is the middle of the road option, more ready than Greiner, less expensive than Hafner. team option on 3rd year.

Grenier is the youngest and by far the hardest to pry away. He is able to be moved though.

All three are 'most' qualified at 1B, but the second two have 3B + experience as well.

Looking specifically for SP, SS and prospects.

Okay - I'm narrowing down the list a little.

SF - thanks, James, but I'll pass on Ward. He looks okay, but I'm nervous about how far his skill numbers dropped in the last year.

CHW - I think I'll pass on Barton for now in hopes of landing someone better.

NYM - Thanks, but I'll pass on Jacobs, too. Morales is more interesting, but I'll hold off for now.

PHI and TOR - I like a couple guys so I'll follow-up with PMs.

KC - I kind of like Hafner, just not sure what I'd have to give up. I'll look over some options.

Chris - I like Larish, just not sure if you're allowed to trade him. I remember reading somewhere that we can't trade 2007 draft picks for a year. Just not sure if that means 6/15/2008, or maybe once the calendar year is over and maybe we could trade starting on 1/1/2008?

I'll wait for an answer on that from Nick - I posted it in another thread. I'll start working on replies about the other guys that were offered. I'm just sorting through it all now.

Eric

Yeah, not clear on that one... and I forget to even look at when their start date was.

If not I will hang onto him.

- Chris