Retiring from the hobby SALE--TROUT CARDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert,

Sorry to see this. I hope you stay apart of the breaking side, and join us for Group Breaks! We love having you aboard!

I will offer $50 shipped for this:
2020 Topps Update Dual All Star Stitches #ASSDKT Clayton Kershaw/Mike Trout $80.00

Can send F&F so there are no fees.

Thanks
Zach
Zach,
After looking on FEE-BAY, I might be able to get a pretty good chunk of change for it.....I believe I am going to go that route.

Unfortunately I won't be getting into any breaks.... I'm done with the the hobby. Just going to focus on my 59 and 70 Topps sets.....looking forward to getting to some card shows and interact with people that way, instead of hiding behind a keyboard for hours on end and having to deal with some people that are on here.
Just not fun anymore.
Thanks for being a great trading partner over these last several years
Robert

Last edited:
How much for these:

2018 Topps- Heritage- Deckle Edge- 1- $12.00
2020 Topps- Archives- Combo Cards- TO- $4.00

Paul

Robert, I hate to see you go. I know we've only had a handful of trades, but I've always enjoyed trading with you. As some people have said, I get tired of the greediness too. People forget this is a hobby and should be for fun. People think that eBay sets the prices, but I try to remind them that Beckett does. With prices skyrocketing too, I feel like its almost not worth doing anymore. I'm seriously considering trading off all of the parallel sets and just sticking to the yearly sets. I haven't collected the Heritage set from this year yet, just because prices are going so high. I wish I could buy more, but I try to just stick with what I need. I wish you all the luck and hope to see you back again in the future.

Last edited:
How much for these:

2018 Topps- Heritage- Deckle Edge- 1- $12.00
2020 Topps- Archives- Combo Cards- TO- $4.00

Paul

Robert, I hate to see you go. I know we've only had a handful of trades, but I've always enjoyed trading with you. As some people have said, I get tired of the greediness too. People forget this is a hobby and should be for fun. People think that eBay sets the prices, but I try to remind them that Beckett does. With prices skyrocketing too, I feel like its almost not worth doing anymore. I'm seriously considering trading off all of the parallel sets and just sticking to the yearly sets. I haven't collected the Heritage set from this year yet, just because prices are going so high. I wish I could buy more, but I try to just stick with what I need. I wish you all the luck and hope to see you back again in the future.

Give me a day or two....want to verify that I have those still....if I do I can do $7 in a NON MACHINE PWE or $10 Bubble mailer

Hey Robert, if you will take 3.00 well concealed cash and a SASE for the follwoing card go ahead and post it up:

2016 Topps Update 500 HR Futures Club #5005 Mike Trout $8.00

Hey Robert, if you will take 3.00 well concealed cash and a SASE for the follwoing card go ahead and post it up:

2016 Topps Update 500 HR Futures Club #5005 Mike Trout $8.00
Need to make sure it hasn't been asked for yet......have about 5 or 6 people I need to get taken care of first.....plan on doing that tonight.
Will get back at you Byron
Robert

Adding my name to the list - interested in 2013 Topps Chasing History #CH64 Mike Trout.

Let me know - thanks!

Good luck with your ‘59 and ‘70 sets those sound like very fun and meaningful projects. I’m hoping to be able to get back to shows and the human interaction again soon too. All the best to you my friend!

Take care!
Mike

Hi Guys and Robert
I too know how frustrating the hobby can be, especially when all your loved ones, complained for years of ignoring them.
Here's my suggestion. Join sportlots.com! I've been a member for about a year and have been taking in over a $100 a month and the nice thing about the site is; you only have to put up with Paypal fees once a month. And, the only other fee is the sportlots percentage fee, that goes down the more you sell.
The best way to take advantage of sportlots is to do the following. When you first sign up to sell, your account is set on vacation hold. Leave it there until you have listed at 2,000 cards for sale. This is a fixed rate site. So when you are listing cards, you can see how many of the same card are on the site. Basically, I have two sportlots page open. One to list cards and the other to see what the others are asking. There are various ways to do this, and I don't want to into it now. Just text me.
So Robert, if you want to get rid of Trouts, list them there, set your price, set your postage and clean up! They also have a auction page, better than ebay, but less known.
This is the pricing from the sportlots user guide. Good Luck, Bob

• Fees​

Sportlots fixed priced fees are based solely on the total sales the seller generates each month. There are no listing fees, so the seller can load as many cards as they like to the site. If no cards sell, there will be no charges. Sales are defined as the selling price of the card (minus loot applied). Postage rates are also not part of this calculation and sellers receive 100% of the postage they charge.
    Sportlots uses a tiered percentage of total sales for the following reasons:

• To provide incentive for sellers to quickly get their inventory loaded to Sportlots. The quicker a seller gets their inventory loaded, the faster they will achieve maximum monthly sales, thus reducing the percentage of fees being paid to Sportlots.

• To provide breaks for volume business and Sportlots largest sellers who provide most of the business for our customers.

• Unfortunately, there is a certain amount of administrative cost for every seller on the site. This includes responding to questions, helping to resolve issues, processing monthly payments, etc. Generally, smaller sellers incur the higher administrative costs because chances are they are less familiar with the website and are more likely to abandon their inventory causing additional work clearing out inventory and refunding buyers for unfilled orders.

Sportlots encourages smaller sellers to use the Sportlots Auction format to sell cards. This is a great format to quickly turnaround cards that are no longer needed. Fixed prices stores format is generally used for larger sellers looking to consistently make monthly sales over a long period of time.
    If a potential seller has a question whether their collection is large enough to sell long-term in Sportlots fixed priced format, feel free to use the "Contact Sportlots" link provided on Sportlots.com. Be sure to include as much information about the cards to be sold and Sportlots may be able to help provide some insight into whether or not the fixed price format is worth the effort. There are many factors including the type, quantity, quality, price and customer service that can be provided. So it's always difficult to know exactly how well a particular seller will do. But Sportlots may be able to provide some insights and help the potential seller make that determination. The last thing Sportlots wants anyone to do is spend a lot of time and effort loading cards just to find out it wasn't worth the effort. Selling in the fixed priced format is a large commitment and some thought should be taken before starting.
    Here is the Sportlots Fixed Priced Fee Structure:
    Monthly Fee Schedule
    Low AmtHigh AmtFee Pct.
    $0.00$4.9975%
    $5.00$24.9950%
    $25.00$49.9935%
    $50.00$99.9927%
    $100.00$199.9923%
    $200.00$299.9920%
    $300.00$499.9918%
    $500.00$999.9917%
    $1000.00$1499.9916%
    $1500.00Above15%
    To encourage the sale of higher valued cards, Sportlots only applies a portion of the sale of these higher priced cards toward the above fee schedule. Cards with selling prices between $5 and $15 will only have 50% of the sale price above $5.00 applied to the above fee schedule. While cards selling above $15.00 will only have 25% of the sale price above $15.00 applied to the above table.