returns 4/18.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Returns are a little sparse this week, I think by now all my spring training attempts have been foiled except maybe one return from Mr. Baylor earlier. This week I got back.....
Les Lancaster for my 1990 Donruss project....
Benny Distefano for my 1985 Topps project....
For my 1979 project, Alan Wirth rounded out a second signature on the trio rookie card and Jim Beswick signed his RC to finish out the threesome started by Mura and Perkins, that's always a great accomplishment!
John Curtis signed his '79 & his '81 #531 card (for trade).....
Joe Coleman signed a 1974 on a second attempt.....
and Dave Bennett signed his 1965 RC also signed by Morrie Steevens. I wanted to get the '65 signed as I have a 1965 signed by his brother, Dennis Bennett. Dennis passed away recently and he was a really nice man, signed his card & sent me a photocopy of him and his brother signed by both of them. Happy returns to all of you....

Congrats Rooster, Les Lancaster is a great and reliable signer! I remember him well with the Cubs in the late 80s and early 90s, he was a dependable pitcher, and has brought that same quality to his signing! How is the 90 Donruss project coming along?

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Hi Kevin~
Wrapping up my '70s and trying to be thorough. I've been chiseling away slowly with the '85 Topps collection and when there is overlapp of players who have cards in both years I've been doing both. Also, whenever I hear a success of someone with a '90 card I will pursue that. O/wise, I haven't gone down the '90 Donruss set list one-at-a-time just yet, but I will.... thanks for asking!

Very cool, and a smart idea to overlap players between sets when you ttm, that saves some stamps for sure!!

Best of luck, glad there is an end in sight with the 70s, that was a fun era with some cool card designs!

God bless,

Kevin Mc