Ripken, Frank Thomas Supercollectors.....quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillie49er

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I opened the most random box of cards today and hit a card that I am curious if player collector's would consider an important acquisition to their wantlist. I opened a box of 1994 Topps Series I Jumbos. The card I hit says "winner B". It was a redemption card for 11 different Black Gold insert cards. The 11 cards you would have received are pictured on the front of the card. Cal Ripken Jr. Frank Thomas and 9 others included.blackgold.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if it would be considered any more or any less important to a player collector.

If it is available for trade, would like to have a shot at it. Thanks.

I have seen player collectors talk before about the A/B, C/D, and A/B/C/D Winner cards (and redeemed winners) commanding a lot of money because hardcore player collectors for all of the different players pictured fight over them. The single set winners like your B are a bit more common...there are some redeemed ones from 1994 that have sold on eBay for a buck or so, but no unredeemed ones like yours so it could be worth slightly more? Whatever it is, it's higher than the 20 cents Beckett says it's worth but probably not more than $5-10.

I remember pulling the 1993 Black Gold A/B Winner back when the set first came out, I sold it to a dealer at a card show for $20! Not bad, that was about the price of a box back then. :eek:

Richard

I chased the Bagwell one. He was on the Winner Version C. I didn't even know it existed until I came across it in a $box at a show. I think other player collectors would want it but not sure how much of a premium they would pay for it. Good luck with it though!