Road to Frisco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Not quite Hope and Crosby-esque(sorry to the kids that don't grasp the reference) but Arron and myself(and his buddy David) went to the Frisco/Corpus Christi AA game. Even though I live maybe 45 mins(assuming no traffic, which is albeit a terrible assumption) this was my first experience at Dr. Pepper Park in Frisco. Two observations: 1) Just like my forays at the indy level, the access to the players is exponentially more intimate than in Arlington. 2) I need to go again and load up on cards beforehand.

I really didnt have much to get signed but I did get everything signed by everyone i wanted

Before the game I went for Corpus
Domingo Santana 1 card(hit a rocket oppo bomb)
Ben Orloff 1 card
Bobby Doran 1 card
George Springer 3 cards (nice guy, should be in AAA soon)
springer_zps35136a90.jpg
I really wanted Asher Wojciechowski but he was charting from the stands and did not suit up. I did however, catch him after the 3 rd inning behind home plate...
asher_zps2477b2ac.jpg
Right after the game I got
Wilmer Font 3 cards(already pictured)

Then just outside the park you can wait as they walk to their cars, wait for rides, etc..Once again, they're in street clothes so you do have to recognize them; but we're pretty good at that stuff. Some guys wait on the other side of the park for visiting teams to walk to their bus; but since we already were done w/ Corpus, we waited for Frisco to exit. This is pretty much shooting fish in a barrel...

Ryan Feierabend 1 card
Jake Brigham 1 card
Neil Ramirez 2 cards
Steve Buechele 3 cards
also a trade brought in
Lee Smith
Howard Johnson
hojo_zps3e6dc8a9.jpg

Hope to go back again this year. Frisco isn't a bevy of talent like in yrs past but there are enough guys with cards that it would be very much worth going again. And then Ill be packing.. :)
52792468.jpg

Thanks for reading
Chris

That is quite a haul! Congrats! I went to the last Astros exhibition game, the one against the Cubs, the day before the season began in Houston, and was able to get Singleton and Correa...but missed out on Springer. Yes, he should be in AAA soon, and probably in Houston before the end of the year. The kid looks really good!

Hey the Lee Smith and Howard Johnson cards look familiar!!! Thanks for the trade, and I read your and Arron's posts, and I am going to do some Indy ball graphing myself, we are about 60-75 min away from two teams, our local Illinois Gateway Grizzlies, and the STL area River City Rascals. I went to college with the Rascals' manager, and both teams have some former MLBers on the staff, and the players are really approachable as well, so it should be fun!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

I went to my first Riders game on Saturday. My two boys had a great time. They stood by the dugout and were calling players over. The players really appreciate it when you actually know their name without having to ask. We got:

Hanser Alberto
Odubel Herrera
Wilmer Font
Jimmy Reyes
Tomas Telis
Roman Mendez

We will going back for more soon. Lots of fun and lots of access to the players.