Rookie Draft Pool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
We knew it was coming, I thought we had one more year, But apparently the database of real players has run out.

Starting with the 2010 Rookie draft all rookie drafts will now be comprised of only CPU generated players. Owners who were in the original BSL are all too familiar with this, new owners may be a little surprised.

The main difference is this: In the past 3 year drafts most upper end rookie draft picks were essentially ML ready Immediately following the draft. With generated players this is not the case. Many of the generated players will need to spend a minimum of 1 full year in the minors before being ready for ML and many of the players will need 2-3+ years to develop in the Minors.

Everyone needs to keep this in mind as we move into the future of this league.

-Nick

Hey Nick, how many more sims until we draft? I am going to be gone until Tuesday but should have access to the internet I hope. But not too much time to study. Thanks

I am planning a sim tomorrow and then taking the long weekend off due some family in town, so after tomorrow I dont think we will have a sim until Tuesday. SO the draft should be next week sometime, I will have to figure out the schedule completely after tomorrows sim, It is only 5/14/10 in game and the draft will be 6/15/10 So Friday and Tuesday sim will probably put us drafting somewhere around Thursday next week.

Whoo....lots of sweet offensive players to consider in the draft this year, but not as many pitchers. Going to be some interesting choices made this Thursday:)

Back