ROOSTER IS OUR WINNER! Third Sunday of Advent Contest! CONTEST IS CLOSED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hello friends,

Today you are playing for a custom on card autograph from the great Dick Groat, World Series Champion!

16078676941205363434427525429212.jpg

The usual rules, pick a number between 1 and 75, one guess per member per day, and since this is our Joyful week of Advent, will you tell me your bright spot for this Season with your guess? Thought it would be fun to catch up on some goodness!

My bright spot is the fact that thankfully my wife and children and in-laws are safe and healthy, and that we are all still working, thankfully, truly a blessing!

Blessings,

Kevin

Last edited:
Nice job on the card, friend, I will pick #45 and say that although I have to zoom with my high school students and they don't like it and staff do not like it, it has created some appreciation with the adolescents on what they had and how good that was in person....

Nice job on the card, friend, I will pick #45 and say that although I have to zoom with my high school students and they don't like it and staff do not like it, it has created some appreciation with the adolescents on what they had and how good that was in person....

Numbers selected: 10, 12, 22, 33, 45, 48, 57.

Thank you! I am also using the internet to be a school social worker, which has not been enjoyable, but I agree, it does give some appreciation of what we are missing!!

I am 99.99% sure Dick Groat was a family friend of Tom (chiefrazmisty) when he was growing up in Pittsburgh in the early 60s.

One of my first baseball card memories is a 1966 Topps Dick Groat which was a 1st series card. 1966 Topps is the first baseball card set I remember as a kid. Groat's RC is a 1952 Topps high number that was booking for $500 in my 4 year old guide. I'm sure the way card prices are going crazy (for no logical reason I might add), I'd bet it is higher than that bnow.

I'll go with 24 which is his jersey number in that 1966 Topps card. Thanks for the contest Kevin and that is a nice looking card I might add!!

I am 99.99% sure Dick Groat was a family friend of Tom (chiefrazmisty) when he was growing up in Pittsburgh in the early 60s.

One of my first baseball card memories is a 1966 Topps Dick Groat which was a 1st series card. 1966 Topps is the first baseball card set I remember as a kid. Groat's RC is a 1952 Topps high number that was booking for $500 in my 4 year old guide. I'm sure the way card prices are going crazy (for no logical reason I might add), I'd bet it is higher than that bnow.

I'll go with 24 which is his jersey number in that 1966 Topps card. Thanks for the contest Kevin and that is a nice looking card I might add!!

Numbers selected: 10, 12, 22, 24, 33, 45, 48, 57.

Jeff,

You are spot on, as usual! Tom had posted earlier that Dick was a family friend, and took the kids into the dugout, etc. That would be the most amazing experience ever for anyone, especially a kid in those days! I could only dream of being on the field before a game with the players of that era!

Glad you like the card, this one came out nicely, and Dick is a fast and very gracious signer! I sent him 2 customs to sign and return, and 6 to keep, and he kept 2 and returned 6!

As far as card prices, who knows why they are burgeoning now, but someone is making some money somewhere!!

Compliments of the Season!

Kevin