Sad Return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PRosefan1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I had sent to Cal MCLish back in Feburary. Well, as most of you know he passed away a couple of months ago. Today I got my envelope in the mail.

The index card read:

Sorry
Cal Passed
8-26-10

I can only assume that a family member wrote the little note. And it makes me sad that they had to write that down and send it to me. Hopefully it was part of their healing process.

Bummer...I sent to former NJ Nets player Yinka Dare a few years ago and his family wrote a nasty note saying I needed to be "better informed before writing to people".

I had sent to Cal MCLish back in Feburary. Well, as most of you know he passed away a couple of months ago. Today I got my envelope in the mail.

The index card read:

Sorry
Cal Passed
8-26-10

I can only assume that a family member wrote the little note. And it makes me sad that they had to write that down and send it to me. Hopefully it was part of their healing process.

Thats a bummer. I had the same thing happen when I just missed George Kell, it makes you feel bad, but there is nothing you can do. Cal and George were both so great to their fans, RIP.

I missed Danny Ozark by a few days when he passed and I received a short note plus one of those things they give you at someone's funeral that looks like a laminated card.