Saltdogs Manager

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neemann

All-Star
4.90 star(s)
This is my first post in this forum. The Lincoln Saltdogs came to the local library where my wife is a librarian. I sent a card with her to show the players what their manager looked like back in the day. Today I received the card in the mail.

oberk_zpse6e535e6.jpg

congrats!!! they were in town last weekend playing a local indy team but i didnt make it over there. Oberkfell is a very nice guy. thx for sharing

Ted Simmons was attached to the bottom. It was for "The Super Bats Picture Cards" which included 24 leaders in batting average in 1983. It appears they were cut from a box.

That's funny. I did something similar, albeit unintentionally, when Floyd Rayford was a coach with New Britain a few years back. I brought an 84 Topps Rayford to the game and asked him to sign it. One of the players saw him signing and asked to see the card; they passed it around the dugout and got a good laugh about what Coach looked like back in the day.

About to catch up with Randy Martz at our local indy league team, bet the players will love to see how he looked in 1981! (I looked like a baby then, but Randy had a great moustache!).

Ken gave you the good signature on that card too, generally he scribbles, so you lucked out! Congrats on a fun success with a cool story behind it! Gotta love the local library!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Ted Simmons was attached to the bottom. It was for "The Super Bats Picture Cards" which included 24 leaders in batting average in 1983. It appears they were cut from a box.

The card indeed came from a box. Inside were panels of stickers (5 or 6 in a panel) from the 84 Topps Sticker set. I have 3 or 4 of those boxes packed away somewhere with Cardinals on them.