Same old Beckett!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theguru14

MVP
5.00 star(s)
How is this possible?

2009 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Black Ink #MK Matt Kemp/ 99 AU, S# Print Run 99 $15.00
2009 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Blue Ink #MK Matt Kemp/ 199 AU, S# Print Run 199 $20.00

How is this possible?

2009 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Black Ink #MK Matt Kemp/ 99 AU, S# Print Run 99 $15.00
2009 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Blue Ink #MK Matt Kemp/ 199 AU, S# Print Run 199 $20.00

Guru:
It seems obvious that blue ink is more expensive than black ink...
isn't it? :confused:

That's their crack team of advisers ,....smoking crack !!

I never was a big fan of Beckett,..They should make it fun and have any card #'d under /200 NA,..

While there ther appears to be a problem with this, there is a precident for the lower print run to actually be worth lower. Typically it would be for a highly sought RC where the parallel is not as collected, think 1998-99 SPx Finite/2999 versus Spectrum/1999 rookies.

It is true at times, but this is not a RC. Here is another example.

2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Collegiate Patches Autographs #63 Jose Duran/ 250 AU, S# Print Run 250 $10.00
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition School Colors Autographs #8 Jose Duran/ 50 AU, S# Print Run 50 $10.00
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Aspirations #56 Jose Duran/100 AU, S# Print Run 100 $30.00
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status #56 Jose Duran/ 50 AU, S# Print Run 50 $30.00
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Turn of the Century #56 Jose Duran/ 262 AU, S# Print Run 262 $25.00
2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Throwback Threads Autographs #9 Jose Duran/ 100 Mem, AU, S# Print Run 100 $25.00

While there ther appears to be a problem with this, there is a precident for the lower print run to actually be worth lower. Typically it would be for a highly sought RC where the parallel is not as collected, think 1998-99 SPx Finite/2999 versus Spectrum/1999 rookies.

Last edited:
One more good reason that "I ONLY trade bv for bv" drives me crazy !

I think that the bvs are right.. Just reveresed.. I remember they did that with the 07 Elements Clear Cut au/gu.. Where the highest #d card was the highest bv and the lowest #d card was the lowest.. But they fix it eventually.. Hopefully people catch on to that though

CHris

The 09 Mark Sanchez Finest stuff is the same way...whats funny to me is the "Tracker"...what a joke...almost every card I look up the prices have not changed in a year....Beckett is all we really have, but it's a joke.

Matt Kemp told beckett to raise the price of his blue ink autographs because it was DODGER colors... Com'on, everyone knows that dodger blue "ink" autos are always worth more!!!
That's a given in life.. It was even mentioned on the 'doh section in the beckett.

Yes Beckett and their employees are about as smart as some of the "stranglers" at the p.o.

I'm not sure if it contributes to the Beckett pricing (and I'm certainly not sticking up for them), but in the autograph collecting hobby (industry), blue ink is certainly more sought after than any other color... it's not even close. And that would include sharpie on card/photo/bat or ballpoint on ball/mitt/paper.

Blue doesn't fade as quickly as black. Black tends to bleed a yellow shadow over the years.

If I have the option, regardless of how it's numbered, I'd go after blue every time.

I love the blue auto's but.......they also have their problems...Looking at my 2001 spx auto Albert Pujols cards (have two of them) and it appears the signature has little white spots in the blue ink. Beckett seems to be a little backwards in doing things....but their still our main source for pricing! Best regards, David