Saturdays IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
My oldest nephew had Mike Maddux pitching camp early Saturday. Limited to 50 campers, he got about an 8 minute side session with Andy Hawkins in the visitors bullpen. Not bad. My sister in law works part-time for the Rangers so it was a nice perk to get him in a free camp. With so few participants, we actually got a few autos..

Mike Maddux 3/3
Andy Hawkins 3/3

Then I went out that night to Air Hogs/Saltdogs..Unfortunately Oberkfell limited me to 5(sorry guys, he did say send anything to the stadium next year and he'll sign it all ttm)..Dan Reichert was hilarious though. He pitched in 2011 in the Taiwan League for the 7-Eleven Lions(yes thats the name)..and told me, that the pitching coach was Japanese so there was an interpreter who would translate it to Taiwanese and then translate into English.He pretty much said he had already forgotten what they were ever talking about on the mound..He also had a funny article..(leading league in assassinations)
http://www.fangraphs.com/not/dan-reichert-leading-league-in-assassinations/
Ken Oberkfell 5 cards
Dan Reichert 5/5
John Harris 3/3
Ian Gac 3/3
maddux_zps7cb0d915.jpg
gac_zps54beadbb.jpg
oberkfell_zps0cb224af.jpg

somehow the Air Hogs made the playoffs so I may head out Thursday to get a couple of Wingnuts if time permits..
thanks for reading
Chris

Ahhhhhh, Ken Oberkfell. I saw him break up a no-no in the 9th inning against Mike Scott. Great stuff, Chris!

Good stuff there, glad to see the couch moving didn't kill you either haha. Thanks again for helping me with that.

I ended up not bothering going for Oberkfell on Monday. I figure he'll probably be around managing somewhere next year, whether Lincoln or elsewhere.

Had no idea Reichert was still pitching. He is from my hometown and he used to go to my gym. Nice guy, too bad diabetes derailed his promising career.

Had no idea Reichert was still pitching. He is from my hometown and he used to go to my gym. Nice guy, too bad diabetes derailed his promising career.

he's actually the pitcing coach now..finally stopped throwing last year i believe..and yes, you are dead on, he's really funny and seems like a great guy