Savannah? Montana? Havana? Banana? Susquehanna? Tanana!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
JUNE 15
Frank Tanana, c/o home, 6/5, 39 days

Also included a signed religious tract. I'm not big on being proselytized via an autograph success, so it's available for trade.

im rather annoyed that you would post that you find it annoying that frank tanana sends out a religious card!be thankful and accept what is sent to you!

I can see this one getting nasty quick, but it shouldn't because we are all free to have our own beliefs about religion w/o others opinions being thrust upon you.

From a common courtesy standpoint though...

I would say that if you were being proselytized w/o solicitation, then I would agree.

However, I would say that to solicit a free autograph from a player, you certainly should not have any issues with him sending an extra religious item to you. You can always pass it along to someone else, which it appears you are doing.

Maybe offering it to someone else for free would be more appropriate.

However, I would say that to solicit a free autograph from a player, you certainly should not have any issues with him sending an extra religious item to you. You can always pass it along to someone else, which it appears you are doing.

Maybe offering it to someone else for free would be more appropriate.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% :) with what mrmopar said.

Last edited:
I can see this one getting nasty quick, but it shouldn't because we are all free to have our own beliefs about religion w/o others opinions being thrust upon you.

From a common courtesy standpoint though...

I would say that if you were being proselytized w/o solicitation, then I would agree.

Maybe offering it to someone else for free would be more appropriate.

Agree with mrmopar 100%. I don't like getting tracts either but you could just look at it like his way of exercising his faith, plain and simple.

Matthew 6:6.

I just don't see why something like this is okay, but when Steve Sax was putting in information about how to "expand your income base," it seemed to be universally reviled.

I fall under the George Carlin view: "Religion is like a lift in your shoe. If it helps you stand up straighter and walk a little better, good for you. Just don't go trying to put your shoes on my feet."

I said I don't like it and it's available for trade. That's it. Comments like "Then don't do TTM if you don't like it" are out of line. We all have things we don't like about the hobby. Are we not allowed to gripe about those either? Or have I struck a nerve here with this particular issue?

Just because we all trade on the Bench doesn't mean we're all going to agree, don't sweat it! Someone could say the same thing about you posting scripture verses as you feel about getting a tract.

It's America and I love it!

Part of his beliefs are to spread the word to others. I have no problem with it.

I already have one, but I will take it if you don't want it.