saw Matt Capps at work today!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benlee66

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Matt Capps came into the grocery store I work at. It's in Alpharetta, GA. I had no idea it was him until one of the cashiers said she heard his wife mention something about playing for Minnesota. He's an inch or two taller than me, but twice as thick. I didn't recognize his face immediately. I accosted him in the parking lot and said
"Sir, do you play baseball?"
"Yes."
"Professionally?"
"Yes."
"My cashier said you play for Minnesota."
"That's right."
"Major Leagues?"
"Yes."
"Sorry to have to ask, but what is your name?"
"Matt Capps."
"Ohhh! You played for the Pirates! I was going through the Twins roster in my head and couldn't place you. I only have cards of you as a Pirate. Now I remember...you were traded late in the season to Minnesota! Mark Wohlers came by the store a few weeks ago. His wife shops here and found out what a big baseball card fan I am and brought me four autos and Mark came into the store and posed for a picture with me."
"I heard Mark lived up here. I'll bring you an autographed ball next time I'm in. My wife and I are here every other week."
":) :) :) :) That would be a treasure!"
"Nice talking with you."
"Same here"

Unreal!!! I'll get a picture with him next time he's in the store. Here's one of me with Mark Wohlers:
https://picasaweb.google.com/112292688837641760894/MarkWohlers#5657211434980357938

very nice! I'd love to add Wohlers auto to my collection. Matty Capps is such a nice guy. He became friends with my sister who works for the Pirates, and I;ve met him a few times... he has signed so much for me :) He is definitely a nice guy to all his fans!

If anyone has any rare Matt Capps cards, PLMK. I'm going to have to start a mini-collection now. I have tons and tons to trade.

Very Cool.
Capps is an AWESOME guy!
I met him in Fort Myers (Where the Twins Spring Train).
He talked with me and signed a bunch of stuff.
Totally awesome.
And the best part is that he signs TTM :)