"Say Hey!"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Finished with my 1951 Bowman Willie Mays. This was a commission that I created from primarily cut modern Bowman commons. Due to the amount of gloves I used for the curtain background (which is made from 100% gloves), I strayed and used some cut Topps commons as well. The bat was made from bats. Piece measures approximately 28"x20" and it took in the 50-60 hour range to complete.

image_zps5c0sl9dd.jpg

image_zpskgk9ctap.jpg

image_zps1xxffimg.jpg

image_zps8p6bk3ai.jpg

Tim

hey Tim
I am amazed everytime you show us a masterpiece of your artwork You are the greatest in this Thank you for sharing yourartwork with us
Tom

Tim~
I just want to say as a visual artist myself that you put in a ton of work to pull off a very nice presentation, good job and I hope you get what you deserve.....

Singlehandedly making junk era cards more valuable by the day!!! Are you able to keep up a supply of donator cards for your projects easier these days or is that still a bit of a struggle?

Singlehandedly making junk era cards more valuable by the day!!! Are you able to keep up a supply of donator cards for your projects easier these days or is that still a bit of a struggle?

Thanks, Curt! Yes, I have a system in place finally that seems to work well. Plus, I do not count each and every card now. Not counting the cards allows me to use a card multiple times; I also work multiple pieces at the same time that gives me some efficiency when I butcher the commons.

I am more and more amazed with each of your creations! Let me know if you need more commons.....

Duane

Thanks, Duane! I used lots of commons that you sent me on this Mays piece. The most glaring ones are the Bowman borders. if you have more to spare, I'd certainly take them! Thanks again.....

Tim

Thanks again, everyone! I appreciate you all taking the time....

Tim

Tim, YOU take the time to make great quality, one of a kind pieces! Your work is awesome, and thanks for sharing your great talent with the rest of us!

I have been around card collecting and autographs for almost 30 years if you count the cards I started collecting as a child that my grandparents bought for me at the local card shop. I have seen a lot of stuff since then, lots of it run of the mill, a few really interesting and out of the ordinary items. Your work is beyond all that: truly one of a kind, and very inspirational in the sense that all of your pieces have a story, or are a tribute, and some (Joe Torre) have really made an impact on a large scale.

God Bless you in your work, thanks for sharing for us to enjoy, and keep it up!!