Searching for RC's of 84 Tigers Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joebing

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
First, a quick story:

My grandfather bought me my first pack of cards in early 1984. The first card I pulled was Alan Trammell from this pack of Fleer. It started me on my way in the hobby.

When the strike happened in 94, combined with my growing interest in playing guitar, I sold off all my cards...all 250,000+.

Last summer, my grandfather came to me and asked me two questions: One: if I still liked doing art, and Two: did I still collect baseball cards, to which my responses were yes and no, in that order. He asked me if I could help him design a couple of projects for his den, one commemorating the 68 Tigers, and one commemorating the 84 Tigers. We discusse a few ideas, and settled on the idea of each player from the WS rosters RC, in toploaders, in a display, with a Detroit News or Free Press headline, and a final game ticket stub, possibly even a few pictures. But before we could really begin, my grandfather passed of a stroke this February.

We had started assembling the cards needed, and that is what brought me back to the hobby I didn't know I missed. But now I have hit a brick wall. I vowed to finish the projects, first the 84 team, then the 68 team. So if anyone has these cards, PM me a wantlist link. I will try my hardest to make a deal, even if it is in your favor. Not concerned about condition, as long as they aren't torn up/unreadable. My Lolich RC has several huge creases, but this isn't about value, this is about the bond a grandfather and grandson shared over baseball, and the Detroit Tigers.

Now, my wantlist for the 84 team:
1979 Topps 721 Juan Berenguer
1980 Topps 480 Tom Brookens
1970 Topps 621 Darrell Evans
1976 Topps 595 Sid Monge
1978 Topps 124 Dave Rozema

The 68 team, well, that has taken a backseat for now. That list is a LOT longer, and much more expensive, though if anyone has anyone from that team, the team card, or the 69 Topps WS cards for trade, PM me. The Topps Archives reprint of Eddie Mathews 1952 RC is acceptable, only because I am NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING to get his 52 Topps High series RC...