Second Spring Training Contest!! **WINNER IS KATESTER44**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Two more customs on the block for this week!

Andy Benes with '88 Olympic Gold inscription:

Ed Mickelson again!

1-100, one guess per member per day, open to everyone!

God Bless, thanks for playing, and let the discussion begin!!

Kevin

Last edited:
And to get the dialogue rolling, who are some Greats of the Era, maybe not HOF caliber players, but very strong enjoyable players to watch who made their teams good and competitive?

I would start out saying Don Mattingly would always be atop many lists, as well as Bo Jackson, and for sure Mike Sweeney (little Royals bias there!)

Keep rollin' on!

Thanks for another contest: #44.

As a Phillies fan - Jimmy Rollins is the first name to come to mind. Really good player, good clubhouse guy, fun to watch - but no chance he is HOF worthy.

I'll go with #8.

My favorite players to watch were all old Tigers. Willie Horton was #1 for me and Ron Leflore and Mark The Bird Fidrych were also great to watch.

Numbers taken: 8, 16, 29, 44, 48, 72.

That is the thing with greats of the era: they may not have the stats or wins to make the HOF considerations, but they sure make the game fun for the fans! Those are the memories we carry with us into adulthood, and hope our children make the same sort of memories with their experiences at the ballpark! The great and fun players to watch are the ones that make the game so much fun!

I will take #12 today...thanks for another great contest!

My favorite player as a kid was Will "The Thrill" Clark...man he had a sweet swing! My dad was then and still is a die hard Dodgers fan...but that didn't stop him from taking my brother and I to Candlestick Park to see Will Clark and the Giants play...what a great childhood memory. I have followed in my dad's footsteps and am now a huge Dodgers fan...and they break my heart every year lol! But I am looking forward to taking my kids to see their favorite players...even if they end up being rival Giants! :)

For today - #95 (Lightning McQueen, in honor of Daytona this weekend)

Seeing Josh Hamilton going through another knee procedure - another of the ultimate "what could've happened" guys. When he was healthy, he was a beast, shame that his career was sidetracked by multiple obstacles.

I will take #12 today...thanks for another great contest!

My favorite player as a kid was Will "The Thrill" Clark...man he had a sweet swing! My dad was then and still is a die hard Dodgers fan...but that didn't stop him from taking my brother and I to Candlestick Park to see Will Clark and the Giants play...what a great childhood memory. I have followed in my dad's footsteps and am now a huge Dodgers fan...and they break my heart every year lol! But I am looking forward to taking my kids to see their favorite players...even if they end up being rival Giants! :)

Numbers taken: 7, 8, 12, 16, 24, 29, 44, 48, 59, 72, 77, 95.

Boy oh boy Michael, now you are talkin'!! Will Clark, Terry Kennedy, Dave Dravecky, Robby Thompson, Kevin Mitchell: that was a heck of an '89 Giants World Series team, the Bay Area WS was something that really solidified my love of baseball. As a young boy, my family had friends from SF who traveled around the country over the summers and went to various ballgames. I grew up outside of Chgo, so we always caught a Cubs and Sox game with them, they then went up to Milwaukee, and then to STL and KC generally. Sometimes the guys headed to the East coast to catch the teams out there, but I knew reliably we would be having some fun at the Chgo teams' parks!

These guys (Jimmy, Johnny, and Eric) were fantastic guys, and always brought me tons of baseball cards, oftentimes team sets of the teams we were going to see. Well, in 1989, I got an Upper Deck team set of the World Series team, same as in 1990, and I love those memories, even to this very day!

Thanks for a pleasant trip down memory lane, always fun to reminisce!

God Bless,

Kevin

For today - #95 (Lightning McQueen, in honor of Daytona this weekend)

Seeing Josh Hamilton going through another knee procedure - another of the ultimate "what could've happened" guys. When he was healthy, he was a beast, shame that his career was sidetracked by multiple obstacles.

Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater are my son's favorites, thanks for throwing good ol' #95 in there!!

Josh Hamilton was a true rags to riches story, and I agree, it is a shame that he has faced such a great deal of adversity, hopefully he can get his personal life worked out as well, it would be hard to let all of that unfold on a national level with all the media attention.

I'll go with #32 today for the great Jim Brown.....even though this is a baseball contest! Thanks again for the fun contest Kevin!