Second Spring Training Contest!! **WINNER IS KATESTER44**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numbers taken: 2, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 37, 38, 43, 44, 46, 47, 48, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 72, 74, 77, 88, 92, 95.

I'll take 14. Thanks for the contest.

My favorites as a kid who would fit this criteria would be Rich Gedman, Gorman Thomas and Kent Hrbek.

Gedman, a two-time all star and Massachusetts native, always seemed to be like a guy who I could identify with as a kid; not especially talented, but through hard work accomplished quite a bit during his time with the Sox.

Gorman Thomas seemed larger than life to me as a kid. In 1982, my first year I remember being truly cognizant of baseball, he led the league in homers. As an impressionable 10 year old, I was awestruck at a Sox game that year. Playing for the Brewers, he swatted a homer over the Monster, over the 20 foot net that extended past the Monster and rumor had it, onto the Mass Turnpike. To me he seemed to be the embodiment of Casey except that he didn't let his team down.

Kent Hrbek always seemed to be like Gedman, in that he didn't stand out among his peers at first baseball but through hard work made it as a ball player. He seemed just like an everyday guy, approachable and easy to identify with.

I remember that shot, he was a ferocious hitter!! Great Casey at the Bat reference too!!

Hey Kevin, you might want to double check your numbers taken list as I see no numbers in the 60s and I chose 63 a few days ago. I'm not sure if you may have missed a few other numbers or maybe missed one of the pages on this topic.

I'll go with 64 today unless that happens to be one of the numbers missing from your last list. Thanks!

Hey Kevin, you might want to double check your numbers taken list as I see no numbers in the 60s and I chose 63 a few days ago. I'm not sure if you may have missed a few other numbers or maybe missed one of the pages on this topic.

I'll go with 64 today unless that happens to be one of the numbers missing from your last list. Thanks!

Numbers taken: 2, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 37, 38, 43, 44, 46, 47, 48, 52, 53, 55, 56, 59, 63, 64, 67, 72, 73, 74, 77, 88, 92, 95.

THANKS JEFF! Good eyes, I generally am either at work, or at home holding one of my three children on my lap when updating the numbers list, so the chances of me getting interrupted while posting are very high!!

I checked the rest of the numbers, and I think the list is complete! I will announce a winner at 8 PM CST this evening, and start the next contest tomorrow!

Thanks again, God Bless,

Kevin

One more comment on two true Greats of the Era: Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco! Though I was interested in the Giants in 1989 because of our friends from SF and all the cards they gave me, I realized what a duo the Bash Brothers were. What a great season, and a really interesting Series, though saddened by the Loma Prieta Earthquake in Game 3.