September 2020 - Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf had a nice run of inserts in that time frame. This, the year before and I think the year after were all really well done and highly collected.s-l1600.jpg Just picked up this one with only the opening bid of $4.99......leather....was going thru my newer stuff to find the Soto and Tatis Jr. cards........and found Frank Thomas 1996 Statsical Standouts.......decided to make the insert set. By the way....the new stuff from 2018......Juan Soto his gold serial to 2018 us300....I had two of them....sold for $749.99! Not bad for the new stuff. Best regards, David PS picture of another card on ebay....as the one on the auction I won was to small.

50343880342_7736c594ef.jpgSheffield by Gary Hurd, on Flickr

Would assume then some autos are different designs
Yes, there a variety of Topps designs for this year, as always. Personally, I think this year is one of the worst with regard to set designs and checklist. Really falls short compared to previous years. Sets reused this year include 1986, 1977, 1990, 1971, 1989, 1960, 1955 and a few others I think. Am I the only one that thinks 1990s and new cards are still too new to be reprinted/reused? I guess Heritage is hitting all of the sets as it goes, but they have reused some terrible sets multiple times (1990 for example).

Yes, there a variety of Topps designs for this year, as always. Personally, I think this year is one of the worst with regard to set designs and checklist. Really falls short compared to previous years. Sets reused this year include 1986, 1977, 1990, 1971, 1989, 1960, 1955 and a few others I think. Am I the only one that thinks 1990s and new cards are still too new to be reprinted/reused? I guess Heritage is hitting all of the sets as it goes, but they have reused some terrible sets multiple times (1990 for example).
I think it would be cool to see Archives use the often under rated/ overlooked 1980's "Glossy Send Ins" format some year for an insert. Always thought those would look amazing with autographs.

the often under rated/ overlooked 1980's "Glossy Send Ins"
I'm glad someone else feels the same way about those 1980s Glossy Send ins. While not rare, they are MUCH harder to come across than their counterparts from the base sets. Plus they are much nicer looking than the base cards they were offered from. In particular I've always picked up the 1987 Glossy Send in Barry Bonds whenever I can. But whenever I find those cards in a lot or a collection, I put them in my non junk dups.