Shipping - Best way to Ship without paying $4.70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I agree with everyone above, some very good options/ideas. One thing I would add that has seemed to work well for me on bulk sales is to split the cost. I'm talking about large, heavy deals, thousands of cards in a medium/large flat rate box. Instead of having one side of the sale incur all the cost, split it since usually in those deals the cost of the postage outweighs the cost of the cards.

I think technically cards don't qualify as Media Mail and can be subject to search - I doubt they're doing much of that right now as it's taking all of their resources to stay caught up with the volume of mail moving through the system. Just something to keep in mind - some postal employees don't really know the rules for mail (shock, I know).

Well, that was kind of how I thought about it @anglinomics , I know their standards have changed over the past 8-10 years of what qualifies, so I may have to clarify next time I mail something!

Blessings,

Kevin
These are the standards for Media Mail direct from USPS. Cards don't remotely meet any of these standards currently.
  • Books (at least 8 pages).
  • Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
  • Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
  • Printed music.
  • Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
  • Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
  • Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
  • Printed educational reference charts.
  • Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.
I've had luck shipping 1-3 cards in top loaders in a cardboard Cd mailer for $1-1.50. Or 73c when I sell something through ebay's shipping program.

I agree Frank...
Id rather connect with others who love trading also, spend the $ to trade for the card instead of purchasing on FeeBay! I've built quite a few solid trade partners since trading on the Bench...my PC has SOARED to new heights because of the Bench....
Thanks Josh
It's less often cost effective to trade now, but the flip side is most of my trading stock I've paid virtually nothing for so postage doesn't hurt so much. I've been trading through the mail for 40 years now, its definitely the interaction and the excitement of getting mail!

It's less often cost effective to trade now, but the flip side is most of my trading stock I've paid virtually nothing for so postage doesn't hurt so much. I've been trading through the mail for 40 years now, its definitely the interaction and the excitement of getting mail!
Love mail days!!!