Shipping to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. I recently sold a Strasburg Bowman RC, and even though my auction states that I will not ship outside of the US, the winning bidder ended up being from Canada. If I use the Paypal shipping service with delivery confirmation, will it still be trackable online even though it is going outside of the US?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

I'm pretty sure that option is for USA only. Going to cost you a lot more to get DC for Canada.

it is US only, you would have to send it registered mail which I believe costs either $10 or $12 - erik

Eh, screw it. I just sent him a message telling him I wasn't going to send him the card since he couldn't follow simple instructions. I already sent a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

Ah, I love it when people try to ruin your first day off!

So what do you guys do? Do you ship to Canada w/o confirmation and hope you sold to an honest buyer?

i've been selling a bunch of hockey cards so i dont have much choice, i add bonus cards with each auction and hope that helps... to be honest i've been sending cards to canada for the last 5 years (probably over 300+ deals and have only had one issue) - erik

So what do you guys do? Do you ship to Canada w/o confirmation and hope you sold to an honest buyer?

Check the buyers feedback. I thought that was what feedback was for. I live in Canada and have cards sent to me from the U.S. weekly. I have only had one issue which was resolved. It is not the big risk that some people seem to think it is.

Check the buyers feedback. I thought that was what feedback was for. I live in Canada and have cards sent to me from the U.S. weekly. I have only had one issue which was resolved. It is not the big risk that some people seem to think it is.

But the buyers feedback cannot tell you much, unfortunately. Sellers cannot leave anything other than a positive feedback, which stinks.

Jason

Give him the option to choose. If he is ok with sending w/o DC, then go ahead and ship it to him. If he doesn't want the card anymore, than offer it to the next highest bidder. Or you can offer him any other international mailing service.

I refunded his money and have offered the next highest bidder the card as a 2nd chance offer. If he doesn't want it I guess I'll either relist or offer it here.

I haven't had any issues sending to Canada. Fortunately I live a half hour from a bridge to Canada and have even crossed the border and mailed cards with a Canadian stamp locally. I know I'm taking a chance though since I can't leave my actual return address. But even when I send from the U.S. I haven't had any issues except that you can't use the automated machine in the post office to send internationally.

Tim,
If you don't want to ship outside the USA you need to go into your selling preferences and check the box that says something like "do not accept bids from users in countries I don't ship to". Then there's a list of countries that must be checked if you wish to accept bids from them. Check none of them and only US bidders are allowed.

Tim,
If you don't want to ship outside the USA you need to go into your selling preferences and check the box that says something like "do not accept bids from users in countries I don't ship to". Then there's a list of countries that must be checked if you wish to accept bids from them. Check none of them and only US bidders are allowed.

Ya know, I've done that as well and yet I still get bidders from outside the U.S. I think all that does is indicate in the auction that it's U.S. only, but doesn't actually stop the bids from being placed.

Jason

Ya know, I've done that as well and yet I still get bidders from outside the U.S. I think all that does is indicate in the auction that it's U.S. only, but doesn't actually stop the bids from being placed.

Jason

Must be a glitch in the system. Your buyer requirements settings are supposed to block people from bidding. Maybe they registered in the US but put a foreign address on their paypal account ?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

"On the Buyer Requirements page, select your buyer requirements. For example, you might not want to do business with buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have unpaid items recorded on their account

Are registered in countries to which you don't ship

Have reportedly violated eBay policies

Have a negative Feedback score

Are currently winning or have bought a large number of your items in the last 10 days"

well, I ended up selling some hockey cards to a couple of canadian buyers as well...hopefully all will go well...thats the problem with Hockey, you get more outside of the US