Should I sell or should I keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis Shoe

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Hey guys, I got me a half of a box of the new 09 Bowman Draft Baseball and was lucky enough to pull a Fu Te Ni Gold Refractor. I looked on ebay and about 5 have sold in the 60-80 range, and one that was 1/50 sold for like 180. Just wondering what others would do.

Thanks!

I'd personally sell quickly if money is the priority. I could defintely see this card fading in value in a few years seeing as he is middle reliever and still hasn't shown whether he is going to be a star. If you like him, then I'd say keep it.

BTW did you get any of these:
RC Logos; these start with BDP: Trevor Cahill 4, Brandon Allen 14, Jeff Stevens 24, Dusty Brown 32, Drew Sutton 34, Brent Leach 43, Sean West 47

Next the Prospects: 1, 3, 12, 19, 22, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 33, 39, 41, 42, 45, 46, 47, 48, 51, 52, 53, 59, 60, 62, 65, 70, 72

I need these for my set PLMK

On the eBay... I would only keep..if it they were a drafted by my team and I knew he would be a star one day.....I kept all of my Ichiro's and Pujols...Best regards, David

Sell.. but don't be scared to sell to Taiwan! More than likely where the buyer will hail from!!

Christopher

Look at it like this: A very few cards will go up after they start out somewhat hot, most won't. Mark Rogers, Thomas Diamond, Chris Lambert, Neil Walker, Greg Golson, Matt Bush, Matt Tuiasosopo, Homer Bailey, Gio Gonzalez, Delmon Young, BJ Upton, Chris Volstad, Stephen Drew, Jered Weaver, Matt Garza, Glenn Perkins...All sold much better a few years ago. Some of these players have had good seasons and may yet have very good careers, but even the 18-19 year olds at the time are 23-25 now and just starting to hit their stride. If you can make sure money now, why not take it instead of the much less certain possibility of making more later?

I would sell while it is hot. You will probably fare better than waiting on him to get injured or never make it to the majors. Just my opinion which doesn't really count for much.

Dewayne

I took everyone's advice and the item is officially sold. After a few offers, I sold it for 70 dlvd. I am pretty happy with that too.