Should I send this in for grading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Thinking about sending this in to PSA for grading. Would want a 6 minimum but I have zero experience with grading so I may be nuts for thinking that. Opinions? Any lines or scratches are on the scanner. Card has no surface flaws that I can see.

scan0005.jpg

I think the Mantle will garner a 5 for sure, maybe 5.5 a six may be a streach but hey, you never know.

Off center top to bottom.
Off center side to side.
Print flaws on black borders.
4 bad corners.

Zero chance it gets a 6 from PSA. Even less chance it gets a 6 from Beckett. IMO, of course, LOL.

Even with no surface flaws or micro wrinkles a 6 would be a big stretch (little chance). And if somehow it sneaked in at a 6 it would definitely get the kiss o death "oc" designation PLUS it has what appear to be 2 small print spots lower left. IMO, a 5 with no negative attributes would be the best you could hope for, which imo would be better than a 6 with "dings".

i'd settle for a 5, as old as the card is. i'd say it's in great shape raw.

the bottom corners aren't bad bad, but they are noticable. the top corners look a little better, but still you can notice a little rounding.

centering is the main thing. but it's not god-awful t/b, l/r is very noticable tho.

i'd be pleased with a 5.

paul

Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'll just keep it raw and take it out of the box from time to time and look at it!

look at the positive side of it, its 51 years old, and they dont make em anymore, grading will freeze it in the condition its in. and keep a more constant value. grading it cant hurt, what ever grade you get it will be a long term positive and the value after graded should only go up or at least stay constant. little chance or a mantle loosing alot of value. so i say go for it. worst case you get a 4. and how bad can that really be?

dave