Silly question, but my brain is a little frazzled right now, but in the BSL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St
when a player has cleared waivers and is back in the minors.....if I bring him up again to fill a void, and then when a player comes off the DL and I want to send the player back to the minors, does he have to clear waivers again? The player is out of options, but has cleared waivers once. Does that cover him for the year and I can shuttle him back and forth as needed, or does he have to clear each time? I am thinking he does, as after he clears and goes to the minors, he is removed from the 40 man. And to be called back up, he has to be placed back onto the 40 man. That is where I get lost, even though he is out of options, can he be sent back to the minors, since he already cleared, and just remain on the 40 man.

Thanks and I am sure I know this, just not thinking straight right now, Tony.

Last edited:
I think Ron is right, I have done this before and I am pretty sure if you try to demote him again he will have to be waived back down.

Yes he has to clear waivers again.He is still out of options only way to get him back there is to clear waivers & more then likely accept assignment after that but in rare case could decline and thus be forced to be released. As far as I understand and have seen.