Silver Screen Classic TTM Success 01/29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeb67

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Carla Laemmle, who had small parts in 1925's Phantom of the Opera with Lon Chaney,Sr., and 1931's Dracula with Bela Lugosi,signed 2 index cards in 106 days. Miss Laemmle turned 100 years old on October 20, 2009. Her uncle, Carl, was also head of Universal Studios at that time. She played a ballerina in Phantom and in Dracula she got to say the first lines of the film as a stage coach passenger speaking to Renfield on the way to Dracula's castle.She is the last surviving cast member of both films.A great thanks to Miss Laemmle.

Last edited:
Very cool success! The orginal "Phantom of the Opera" is my favorite horror flick of all time. Lon Chaney was brilliant in that film. His make up, which he did himself, was brilliant, and way ahead of it's time.

Thanks all.Jim you are right.Even though the Phantom was a silent film, it was one of the best of all time.

Jeff, your success inspired me to come up with this custom for classic actors/actresses

CLaemmleHollywood.jpg

Bil.That is absolutely awesome.I wished I had one of those to have sent her before.Let me know when you get a success.