Site Connection Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbcardzman

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardi
Is there a server problem at the Bench? I can't seem to access it all the time. Thought it might be my computer but I have tried it on other computers at different locations and still the same. I have also tried using different browsers but still nothing. There also doesn't seem to be any particular time it happens either as it happens a lot. The day after Christmas I couldn't access it half the day while all other site were running fine. Now again I have some time off today and I can't get on either. Sometimes I can get on and then in a few minutes it go out and says site unavailable. Any help you can give would be fantastic!

This has been happening constantly for me lately as well. Was working on quite a large trade thread yesterday and lost it all due to the site going down again. Definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me look at other sites instead of wasting my time, would be nice to see some kind of communication about the problems as well.

The site has definitely had some issues lately. I have noticed the same issue on any computer I use.

The Bench is having enough trouble getting users lately that if this doesn't get fixed, I see more leaving.

Ron

Im glad it's not just me. It has been down for days at a time and has affected trades that I have tried to put together. Hopefully someone will communicate to the people what is going on and what is being done to fix the problem.

Its bad when this has been happening for days and nobody from the site has anything to say about it.

Is there a server problem at the Bench? I can't seem to access it all the time. Thought it might be my computer but I have tried it on other computers at different locations and still the same. I have also tried using different browsers but still nothing. There also doesn't seem to be any particular time it happens either as it happens a lot. The day after Christmas I couldn't access it half the day while all other site were running fine. Now again I have some time off today and I can't get on either. Sometimes I can get on and then in a few minutes it go out and says site unavailable. Any help you can give would be fantastic!

I have gotten a page not available several times in the last 5 minutes.

This has been happening constantly for me lately as well. Was working on quite a large trade thread yesterday and lost it all due to the site going down again. Definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me look at other sites instead of wasting my time, would be nice to see some kind of communication about the problems as well.

The site has definitely had some issues lately. I have noticed the same issue on any computer I use.

The Bench is having enough trouble getting users lately that if this doesn't get fixed, I see more leaving.

Ron

Im glad it's not just me. It has been down for days at a time and has affected trades that I have tried to put together. Hopefully someone will communicate to the people what is going on and what is being done to fix the problem.

Its bad when this has been happening for days and nobody from the site has anything to say about it.

For those unaware - there was a server issue for The Bench around Xmas time, that was on the server end, not The Bench end. Those issues were worked out and everything was back to normal - over the past couple days the same issues seem to have creeped back up. As of this morning, it seems to be back to normal again, hopefully it will stay that way.

Mods are aware and working internally to get things back to status quo.

For those unaware - there was a server issue for The Bench around Xmas time, that was on the server end, not The Bench end. Those issues were worked out and everything was back to normal - over the past couple days the same issues seem to have creeped back up. As of this morning, it seems to be back to normal again, hopefully it will stay that way.

Mods are aware and working internally to get things back to status quo.

Thanks! Can we get some better communication on Facebook though? I check FB when the site is down to see what is going on and although there were a few posts, it would be great if the comm could be more routine.

Thanks for the info

Ron

This is exactly what I did, had to go over to another site just to get some trades posted and get some addresses while things were down here. I don't want to do that, I want the Bench to be my primary trading place.

Update from Pete:

Did a little poking around and found out the our current hosting company was acquired by a larger company that has a bad track record in customer support.

So I will be moving the site to a new host as time permits. Backup any lists you might have on the forums just in case we have data loss.

I'll alert everyone when the planed move will take place.