so here's a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlschles

Prospect
I see a lot of people put lots of junk wax stuff on their lists, from all the different companies of that period. But oddly, I never see anyone listing 89 Bowmans. I know they're mostly worthless, but I actually think they're an attractive-looking set, especially compared to those ridiculous red Donruss, yellow or gray Fleers, and the incredibly ugly 89 and 90 Topps. Do people really just hate the 89 Bowmans, or maybe they just threw them all out 25 years ago out of frustration?

I think the big problem with those are the size. There are extremely hard to store. That is why I think a bunch of them got thrown out.

I like them too but as mm1sub states, they are oversized and hard to store. This made them an easier target for damage so they probably were thrown in the trash.

I certainly trashed a fair number of them, but not cuz of the size. I just had no need for 6 Greg Bookers, so I did the same thing to him as his father-in-law Trader Jack McKeon did, dumped him. Since I have a bunch of oversize 1950's cards, I put the ones I wanted all together and they kept fine.

I certainly trashed a fair number of them, but not cuz of the size. I just had no need for 6 Greg Bookers, so I did the same thing to him as his father-in-law Trader Jack McKeon did, dumped him. Since I have a bunch of oversize 1950's cards, I put the ones I wanted all together and they kept fine.
There are lot of people who wish they had a bunch of cards from 1956 and earlier when card were that size. But most people do not have those. I do not know about other collector's but those years are way out of my price range.

There are lot of people who wish they had a bunch of cards from 1956 and earlier when card were that size. But most people do not have those. I do not know about other collector's but those years are way out of my price range.
I'm trying to finish my 1952 Topps set (need only hi #'s), my 1951 Bowman set (need only two: Mays and Mantle) and my 1952 Bowman set (need about 50, mostly commons), so I feel ya!

True - most of mine are from when I was a kid and picked up pot luck assortments of 50 cards for a buck.