Some artwork for Omar Vizquel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just finished with this piece for Omar (made from cut baseball cards). He'll also be signing a few prints for me at the end of June. I decided to use his native Venezuelan flag as the backdrop - and although the Detroit Tigers made the connection between us - it was pretty easy to go with Cleveland as the team. I used Omar's cards as much as possible, with the entire bottom right-hand corner filled with his 1990 Donruss card. I also used only his former teammates on the rest of the background. I'll have Miguel Cabrera's piece finished soon, and I'll be posting that one as soon as I'm done. Thanks!

Omar%20Finished1_zpsvvoj2tcm.jpg

Omar%20Finished2_zpsjx9t5qon.jpg

Omar%20Finished3_zpsaxtw1wf1.jpg

Omar%20Finished4_zpsppqtzzto.jpg

Wow Tim, that's SO COOL! I love your use of teammate cards for the backdrop, as well as his cards for the lower right corner, what a fun piece! Really really great detail and fine work! Thanks for posting, once again a great one-of-a-kind item!!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

I just looked at this again as well as your Cap Anson....you are turning these out! Masterpieces in a good amount of time, are you a full time artist now, Tim? Great work in any event, God Bless!

Kevin Mc

Thanks again!

I just looked at this again as well as your Cap Anson....you are turning these out! Masterpieces in a good amount of time, are you a full time artist now, Tim? Great work in any event, God Bless!

Kevin Mc

Hi Kevin: Not yet, but almost. I mean, I am literally spending just as much time working on art as I do teaching.....but that has got to change. The pricepoint for the originals has reached a number that gives me the opportunity to leave education. However, I have 3 children, 1 of which is in high school and another will be there in 2 years. Leaving the guaranteed paycheck, insurance, retirement, etc. scares the daylights out of me.

I am having the time of my life, though!

Tim

Thanks again!

Hi Kevin: Not yet, but almost. I mean, I am literally spending just as much time working on art as I do teaching.....but that has got to change. The pricepoint for the originals has reached a number that gives me the opportunity to leave education. However, I have 3 children, 1 of which is in high school and another will be there in 2 years. Leaving the guaranteed paycheck, insurance, retirement, etc. scares the daylights out of me.

I am having the time of my life, though!

Tim

My wife and I both work in schools too, would love to get out but this is going on year 11, so I will hang for a while! I have two small children, so cant miss the summers with them....maybe for you as you go along and the numbers get higher?? Either way, as long as you are having a great time, that is about all that matters....I mean this hobby was started to be fun, correct??

Thanks again my friend, and God Bless you and your family!

Kevin Mc