Some Sellers Are Just Ridiculous!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I would send it back, pay the 1.25 but still leave a negative feedback saying you were refunded yad our money but still had to pay.
thanks,
sam

P.S he was probably p.o'ed it only went for a buck 75

In my opinion a negative is earned by making a mistake and doing nothing to correct the mistake. It appears to me that the seller is taking the proper steps to correct the issue, so I don't know if it fully merits a negative. It depends if his terms were clearly described on his seller page or in his auction to return the item for a refund and he is simply asking to have the item returned for a refund. The seller did wrong by shipping PWE (very wrong), but I don't see anything wrong with his approach afterwards. I suppose $0.75 shipping could be a bit of a red flag, but the fact is a bidder would be willing to bid more on the item based on the total amount spent, and either way the item needs to be properly packaged when shipped. To the OP, I wouldn't sweat it. Just return it and get your refund and call it a day. It's kind of a headache being created by the seller and hopefully they learn with the added cost of paying to return ship and refund the item.

Yeah, it's always tough when a card sells below projected value. I just sold a Sweet Spot helmet auto for $1.05 DLVD, but still had to pay that much to ship it in a bubble mailer. It's the seller's responsibility to ship the card properly no matter when the cost of the card may be.

This exactly...more than once, I've lost money sending items to customers. It's not the customer's fault he got a steal.

Though I agree that the seller has a right to ask for the card back, I would be miffed because the seller's negligence caused the problem in the first place. Seriously, a game used card in a plain white envelope? I'll give the seller some credit for not charging $3 but at the same time that's just ignorant.

So because the seller doesn't want to ship cards properly, I have to find an envelope (can't reuse PWE), bring it with me to work and walk 5 blocks out of my way to the post office to mail it. Not cool.

Oh yeah, that's exactly how I feel about this! :D :D

Though I agree that the seller has a right to ask for the card back, I would be miffed because the seller's negligence caused the problem in the first place. Seriously, a game used card in a plain white envelope? I'll give the seller some credit for not charging $3 but at the same time that's just ignorant.

So because the seller doesn't want to ship cards properly, I have to find an envelope (can't reuse PWE), bring it with me to work and walk 5 blocks out of my way to the post office to mail it. Not cool.

steveumd:profit on 75 cents shipping - what - are you kidding?

basebal1fan: first rule - no card - no refund. you paid 75 cents for s/h - you KNEW you were getting a PWE. if you thought otherwise you're just pipe-dreaming. admittedly, the seller should have done a better job shipping, but he certainly has tried to make it right. in violation of my own no card/no refund policy, just to avoid the headache, i'd refund & tell you to keep the card - then block you as quickly as possible. if you're going to "toss" the card it makes zero sense to ship in a padded mailer - and to make an issue of it to boot - is ridiculous.
i usually try to accomadate the customer just to avoid a neg. buyers would be a whole lot less arrogant if they knew they would draw a neg.
i charge $3 for padded mailer - no exceptions. ask me about an SASE and i block you. 10,000+ transactions tell me that people who whine about s/h are just a problem waiting to happen - not interested in dealing with you - have a nice day. to be honest, i can't block guys like you fast enough. whenever i get an ebay message from what i call the "postage police" i just block them & tell them to move on. i don't need they're business - or the problems.

Certainly not how I'd phrase it but I agree with the sentiment

steveumd:profit on 75 cents shipping - what - are you kidding?

basebal1fan: first rule - no card - no refund. you paid 75 cents for s/h - you KNEW you were getting a PWE. if you thought otherwise you're just pipe-dreaming. admittedly, the seller should have done a better job shipping, but he certainly has tried to make it right. in violation of my own no card/no refund policy, just to avoid the headache, i'd refund & tell you to keep the card - then block you as quickly as possible. if you're going to "toss" the card it makes zero sense to ship in a padded mailer - and to make an issue of it to boot - is ridiculous.
i usually try to accomadate the customer just to avoid a neg. buyers would be a whole lot less arrogant if they knew they would draw a neg.
i charge $3 for padded mailer - no exceptions. ask me about an SASE and i block you. 10,000+ transactions tell me that people who whine about s/h are just a problem waiting to happen - not interested in dealing with you - have a nice day. to be honest, i can't block guys like you fast enough. whenever i get an ebay message from what i call the "postage police" i just block them & tell them to move on. i don't need they're business - or the problems.

WHAT IS YOUR EBAY ID ?