sportlots question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teammaddux

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I was wondering, for those of you who sell on sportlots:

1. Is it free to list, and you just pay when you sell?

2. How easy is it to upload cards to sportlots? Is there a "quick" method if I want to list by set, etc.

Thanks, John

1. Yes, it is free to list. Sportlots takes its commission when making its monthly payments to the sellers.

2. It's pretty easy, but there is no way to enter an entire set at once. When you go to the set listing, it gives you a page of 100 cards at a time, and you can enter quantites of each, and then go to the next page. That's the way I usually add cards. There is a way to add by player, but that takes too long when you only have a handful of cards for a player that has thousands of cards in the database.

It is just like 'DaClyde' says, There database is so hugh it may take years to move your cards.
Your best bet is probably with more recent sets. If you get them in right away, the newer sets may not be saturated with cards yet and people are still looking to compete recent sets so they may be buying.
Just my opinion. :D

Rich

I was going to list some stuff on COMC, but th fees! It would cost me almost $40 to list what I was looking to move.

It's always best to wait for them to have a listing special, unless you've got stuff that is going to make you a ton of of money quickly.

One thing I'd like to add, is that if you have a large inventory (I believe he said 10,000+ cards), there's a way they can load them by using an Excel sheet. I guess they'd send you the format, then you'd have to mold your inventory info to it. Sounds like they don't do this for just anyone, but if you have enough, contact them, they might be able to help you load your inventory quicker.

is the excel upload for sportlots or for COMC? and how many cards would they be looking at minimum to upload?

John

Seems like it was 10,000 cards or more, and it was at Sportlots. I suggested it to them a while back and they responded that it was possible, but not without a lot of work on their end. But, since they get a commission on sales, it's worth it for them to do. Keep in mind this was about 2 years ago, so their policy may have changed by now. Just shoot them an email and ask.

Nope, I've never dealt with any kind of mass import, so I can't comment.

Like I said, just contact them and ask what they can do for you. When I offered my input of them coming up with an easier way for us to load cards through csv file or an Excel file, I was told that they can do it for large quantities, and I'm fairly sure the number they mentioned was 10,000.