Sportslots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David657

Bench Warmer
What is reasonable time that you wait for sportslots order? I have gotten orders as quick as 2 days (avg 4), but have a couple that are well over 2 weeks. I get the usps is inconsistent, but it is maddening that 1 order is quick and made after the undelivered one, and another still hasn't arrived and sellers say the same thing (because covid, give it a few more days) it may entirely be that im impatient/unreasonable but it is starting to seem like a trend with sellers that are slow to update status. (Ie marked shipped after 3-4 days when it hasn't been shipped)

I've only placed 2 orders. Both of those took quite some time. I ended up having to create an issue on both of those as soon as the 10 day limit had passed. In both cases I got tracking within 48 hours of creating the issue. One of the packages took a detour for over a week within the USPS system. The other pretty much sit in once place for several days.

If you can create an issue, I'd recommend just doing that. At the very least, you'll get tracking within 5 days.

Unfortunately I think this may be the nature of the beast. Although it really sucks, the state of the post office has to be one consideration. I have only had one issue with something being pretty late in my opinion. It took 2 -3 weeks for me to get my cards. But I have placed hundreds of orders on Sportlots over the years and have very few issues.

Unfortunately I think this may be the nature of the beast. Although it really sucks, the state of the post office has to be one consideration. I have only had one issue with something being pretty late in my opinion. It took 2 -3 weeks for me to get my cards. But I have placed hundreds of orders on Sportlots over the years and have very few issues.
Keep in mind I'm very new to sportlots at only 10 orders, so with 3 issues I'm at a 70% sucess rate. I mean things happen, but all 3 have immediately blamed usps for delay/non delivery. (1 seller marked as shipped and 3 weeks later said oops it wasn't shipped, claimed to have shipped again and still never recieved, lol is it the usps fault if it was never mailed? Lol)

I am not sticking up for any seller.I am just trying to say that there are a lot of people blaming the post office for problems. Some of them may be true but not all. There are people who even blame a particular area of the country for shipments being slow. One thing that you maybe could do is request a tracking number. That way you could verify if the item was actually shipped.

I've had over 100 orders on SportLots, and it was just recently that I've ever had an order not arrive. Times have been all over the place. I've had orders come a in a few days, and a few take 2-3 weeks.

Another factor is whether the seller is located in Canada. Some sellers include that information in their shipping policy notes. There is not always a significant US/Canada price difference for cross border shipments when using budget postage for small orders, so it is not always obvious where the seller is located, especially if you do not notice their shipping policy notes or if they do not include any notes. Cross-border shipments can easily take 3-4 weeks to arrive, even during normal operating conditions. I am always more patient when I know the seller is in Canada and have only had a problem once, and that was because the cards were never shipped.

I am not sticking up for any seller.I am just trying to say that there are a lot of people blaming the post office for problems. Some of them may be true but not all. There are people who even blame a particular area of the country for shipments being slow. One thing that you maybe could do is request a tracking number. That way you could verify if the item was actually shipped.
I suppose every transaction is gonna be different. I just keep looking for some sort of pattern???? Crazy thing is it seems to be different every time....ie I expected a long wait from Canada and it was 7 days, cards from Germany was 3 weeks...lol even provided tracking which indicated delivery in france???? But arrived in exactly 21 days.

I don't buy into the excuse, "It's the P.O.'s fault". I know they're not perfect and yes I've had issues before, but I can honestly say that I've had as many on here or on ebay as on Sportlots. Which to say is very, very few.

On Sportlots, as Mike said above, after the 10-12 days (I do give it a few days longer now "because of covid" :rolleyes:) I file an issue. Within a 5 days I either get the card(s) or a refund. IF, the cards show up after I get a refund I always contact the seller and offer a payment.

On Ebay, 2-3 weeks with no communication or any signs of life I'm asking for a refund.

I do agree that it seems to be a trend nowadays and some sellers don't seem to care anymore. Which is sad and I can only say, why list?