Spring Training Day Two- Pirates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveteach

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I should have taken the advice of the person last night who suggested that I see the Tigers today because after a 2 and half hour trip to Bradenton, it was the most disappointing day of the three years i have been doing this down here.

The pitchers (and there is about 500 in camp it seems) didn't come close to signing for anyone. The coaches reminded not to stop and sign as they hit the field. Most of them took fielding practice and went out to stretch away from the fans. About fifteen of them went to the pitching mounds to throw but when they were done, they went out the back of the area, went to stretch and were gone. The only pitcher to sign outside was BRad Lincoln and most people had nothing for him. A few regulars were there, taking infield and hitting but most of them left without signing even though they told people that they would sign after practice.
One player I was impressed with was Brandon Moss, who went out of his way to come back to where the fans were at because he had promised an older man that he would get him after practice. Ironically the man was long since gone but he did sign for the handful of people still there.

Here is the total:

Tony Beasley 1/1
John Russell 2/2
John Raynor 1/1
Brandon moss 2/2
Ryan Church 1/1 (only got him because he had to go to the bathroom and was going back to the field when he was gracious enough to stop)
Jeff Clement 1/1

and the best for me:

Manny Sanguillen 1/1

Tomorrow a day off and then Washington in Viera on Monday. This should be the best day yet since the layout is perfect for graphers.

Dave

Brad Lincoln is a great guy. Went to High School in a town in Texas I used to live. Definitely should've gotten him on an OMLB. He'll see some time in the bigs for sure this year.

I should have taken the advice of the person last night who suggested that I see the Tigers today because after a 2 and half hour trip to Bradenton, it was the most disappointing day of the three years i have been doing this down here.

The pitchers (and there is about 500 in camp it seems) didn't come close to signing for anyone. The coaches reminded not to stop and sign as they hit the field. Most of them took fielding practice and went out to stretch away from the fans. About fifteen of them went to the pitching mounds to throw but when they were done, they went out the back of the area, went to stretch and were gone. The only pitcher to sign outside was BRad Lincoln and most people had nothing for him. A few regulars were there, taking infield and hitting but most of them left without signing even though they told people that they would sign after practice.
One player I was impressed with was Brandon Moss, who went out of his way to come back to where the fans were at because he had promised an older man that he would get him after practice. Ironically the man was long since gone but he did sign for the handful of people still there.

Here is the total:

Tony Beasley 1/1
John Russell 2/2
John Raynor 1/1
Brandon moss 2/2
Ryan Church 1/1 (only got him because he had to go to the bathroom and was going back to the field when he was gracious enough to stop)
Jeff Clement 1/1

and the best for me:

Manny Sanguillen 1/1

Tomorrow a day off and then Washington in Viera on Monday. This should be the best day yet since the layout is perfect for graphers.

Dave

I have seen Manny a couple of times, what a great guy. The Pirates should showcase him more. I know they can use some fan pleasers. Pat