Starting the year off on the wrong foot...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaderock

Prospect
Here's a new way of losing an auction for me...I've experienced alot of crazy stuff in the past - some great wins/purchase, some agonizing loses/misses, etc.

Here's today's "d'oh" moment. I "human" snipe at the last seconds with 1-click bidding on items I want really bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180786596885

I set my alarm and I bidded the next increment so I can do "1-click"...while I got a minute to go, I said why not clean a bit while I'm waiting for the last 5 seconds. As I wipe down my computer, my pinky accidently hits the "On/Off" switch! Oy my god...I was helpless as my computer takes it sweet time to shut down. What a ding **** I am!!!

Years ago, I would have flipped my lid and worry profusely. I take things in stride much better now and will find who won it and try to work it out down the line, but man did I have a Homer D'oh moment.

I hope this is an indication of me just getting older and more level headed rather than the start of a bad year.

Human sniping is your first mistake. Sorry to hear, I hate moments like those and I have failed so many times that I no longer leave it up to my own chances to fail. If a snipe program fails, it is outside of my control, but I will never mess myself up again!

If you got a bid in, you can see who the winner was if you didn't know this already. Just use advanced search and search for all of your bids, including completed. The ID of the winner will show for those you lost, unless it's a private auction. You must have had a bid in to see it though.

Ouch! I also do the personal bidding at the last few seconds. I forgot that the auction ended at 5:00 PM....Losted the item! Happy ending...about 5 months later another one showed up and I got at a lower price! Best regards, David PS It was limited to only 5 and the player name....Ken Griffey Jr. auto/gu!

Last edited:
Don't we all have THAT moment !!! But we all learn from it , and like you said ,Another one usually will come around !!! And yes it happens more often the older we get !! Jeff

I still know every Bernie Williams 51/ card I missed in the past. Not one has resurfaced on Ebay. I too have gotten over the pain of losing these now but it still sucks!

I've done this in the past - have the auction open in one window with a few minutes left. I then proceed to start browsing this forum or reading news or etc. I then realize that the auction is over and I forgot to bid - usually the card goes for way less than I was willing to pay to make it worse!