@ Successes, Including a HOF'er, 01/07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeb67

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Certainly the past couple weeks have brought some TTM surprises, Robin Yount, Peyton Manning, and now the biggest TTM I have ever received, HOF'er and Texas baseball legend, Nolan Ryan, he didn't sign my card, but sent a small signed photo, a huge success.Took only 18 days. Thank you, Mr. Ryan.

The second success is no slouch either and had a very good baseball career, former outfielder, Luis Gonzalez, signed 3 cards, 2003 Diamond Kings #76, 2003 Upper Deck Vintage #66, and 2003 Topps 206 #323. Took 21 days. A big thanks to Mr Gonzalez as well.

If it is the same photo I think that Ryan sent you, it is an autopen - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Now Ryan does have a fee table on his website where you can send/buy items and get them authenticated by Nolan and his company. Just something you want to look at it, even though prices start at $35 + shipping.

Good job on Luis anyways, mine came back yesterday after 229 days!

If it is the same photo I think that Ryan sent you, it is an autopen - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Now Ryan does have a fee table on his website where you can send/buy items and get them authenticated by Nolan and his company. Just something you want to look at it, even though prices start at $35 + shipping.

Good job on Luis anyways, mine came back yesterday after 229 days!

most of the Ryan's that are those little cards are autopens, but a while back you could get legit sigs on the same card...which kinda sucks....if you have one from years ago it could be real.

Thanks all. Thanks TigsFan and Mindbinge for the heads up on the Nolan auto.
An autopen isnt so bad. Its a cool looking item.

Nolan has been signing those cards with an autopen shortly after he went to Texas in '89, as I recall. However, he does authentically sign through his foundation. Fees start at $35, and proceeds go toward scholarship funds. He's done quite a bit for college age kids down here. His exhibit in Alvin is also quite impressive, if you ever get a chance to come down this way. Filled with memorabilia from his career and the story of his life. A few years back, I took my little girl there, and she really loved the demonstration where you can feel what it felt like to catch a Nolan Ryan fastball. She put her hand in the catchers mitt that was on display, and somthing came out from behind the wall and whacked the glove. She just jumped back and started laughing. She thought that was just awesome! She did that for another five minutes or so. The lady behind the counter really got a kick out of her. Good times.

Congrats on your successes, Jeff! Like Nolan, Luis is also a pretty cool guy! One of the nicest people you're every going to meet.