Team case breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twinscollector

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Just wondering if any one has had some good experiences with baseball team case breaks. Looking to always get current Twins cards, but don't want to waste my money buying boxes and pulling nothing. Thanks!

My experiences was limited to two case breaks, one baseball, one football, and I never did it after those.
1) You didn't get to pick your team, it was randomly assigned. Getting the Buccaneers from Donruss Classics netted me exactly 2 cards total for my $100 buy in. Two common cards. The guy who got the 49ers got over 60 base cards, 19 inserts, 4 autographs and 7 jersey cards. Then had the nerve to ask if the rest of us would pitch in to help him finish the set.
2) the baseball one was brutal, with the guys with the yankees, red sox and mariners scoring bigtime and everyone else basically walking away with zilch, maybe a GU'd card and some base.

If you can get in on a case break, and be able to select your team, which will be very difficult to find enough people to cover all the teams, first thing I'd do is check the product checklist to see what exactly is in the product for your team. Then gauge that against your buy-in price- if the best thing in the set is a game used card that might be worth $50, then it might not be worth it if the buy in is more than that. If there is nothing but base in the case, don't waste your money. My 2 cents.