Thanks alot Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHauch

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Here is a "FUNNY" story for you:

I purchased a 2015 Topps Jumbo box at a local card show. One of the nice inserts I received was a Madison Bumgarner SPARKLE card #20. Only problem was that is had significant damage to it (creased left side of the card and a damaged lower left corner).

So I thought I would send it back to Topps to see if they would send me something back to replace it.

Well, today I received a package back from Topps. I was excited to get something back and was hoping it would be something of equal value if nothing else.

Well after opening it up, what they sent me back was a BASE Madison Bumgarner card #20. Yes, that is correct. A $.50 cent card in return.

How could they think that one base card would be an acceptable replacement for what I sent. I put on the note that the card I sent was a SPARKLE card and they sent me a base card in return.

So I have a Bumgarner base card that cost me about $2.32 in shipping. I would rather have the creased Bumgarner back if nothing else.

Needless to say, I sent them an e-mail immediately asking them the same thing and hope they would correct the wrong they did.

I will keep you updated.

Ron

Last edited:
Good luck on that. On last years promo cards that were inserted in the parks I won set of 4 Topps Gold cards. I paid for the shipping and never received the cards. I called them and e-mailed them for over a month. They had the gull to give me a tracking number for a shipment that always showed in transit. Asked them to check it out and never heard from them. Finally just disputed the shipping charges on my credit card to get a refund. Customer Service at Topps has just gone down hill. I put a little blame on MLB for letting Topps be the only official trading card for baseball.

Good luck on that. On last years promo cards that were inserted in the parks I won set of 4 Topps Gold cards. I paid for the shipping and never received the cards. I called them and e-mailed them for over a month. They had the gull to give me a tracking number for a shipment that always showed in transit. Asked them to check it out and never heard from them. Finally just disputed the shipping charges on my credit card to get a refund. Customer Service at Topps has just gone down hill. I put a little blame on MLB for letting Topps be the only official trading card for baseball.

Only a little lol. I hope that ends within a few years but we'll see.
OP stay on top of Topps & hopefully they will fix you up!

Ron, a couple years ago I had a few gold Allen & Ginter mini's (the ones you only get in hanger packs) that had been crimped right on the cards during the pack-sealing process. I did the same thing as you, pointing out they were GOLD when I sent them in for replacement. Of course I got regular mini's as a replacement. Not as bad a story as yours, but they are clearly not educated about their own product.

Just checking posts and yes - their service has gone way down hill in the last couple years. Used to be you could actually mail in a PWE for a "chance" to get one of the inserts, and many times you would! But no more, nor are they very good at replacing anything. As mentioned above, when you are the only game in town, there's really no need to care anymore.