The Bench 2008 YSL set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I was going to join one of the Yankee fan clubs on Facebook, but they don't allow solicitation. I posted in a set collector's group on Facebook, and they deleted the post.

Hope it pulls in some good money. Will the listing be updated to say "complete set", instead of missing one card?

Billy

I have put in the request to the auction house to add that the final card has been found, but have not heard back from them.

The final card was in my mailbox when I got home yesterday, so we officially have completed the set - now just need some folks to start bidding on it.

I'm thinking a thread could be opened on The Bench where the auction is titled. I think there are a good number of visitors and maybe it would come up in search results.

Does the YSL set include playoff and world series games? Or is it one card for every regular season game?

Last edited:
Does the YSL set include playoff and world series games? Or is it one card for every regular season game?
I believe it is regular season game, but I could be wrong.

I have posted the auction link on my facebook page - will be adding it shortly to the Bench FB page. still hoping those with IG, Twitter, etc., will jump on board and get the word out.

100_2518.JPG

I believe it is regular season game, but I could be wrong.

I have posted the auction link on my facebook page - will be adding it shortly to the Bench FB page. still hoping those with IG, Twitter, etc., will jump on board and get the word out.

View attachment 79731
The one that spurred the Great Search! I couldnt be happier....great job guys!!

Blessings,

Kevin

The final card is on its way to the auction house. The listing should be updated tomorrow afternoon to reflect a complete set. Will message them as soon as I get confirmation of delivery.

Auction house has confirmed receipt of the card and the write up is being changed to reflect that it is now a full set.

Last check they were up to 3 bids - hopefully this means the interest will grow and more bids will flow now that it is fully complete.

Could the pinned tweet on Twitter account be updated to reflect the auction information? It would make it easier to share.

thanks

Could the pinned tweet on Twitter account be updated to reflect the auction information? It would make it easier to share.

thanks

That is a question for @AndyDrummond he handles twitter for The Bench. Last time that I talked with him, he said once the Auction writeup is updated, he will update Twitter.

The auction page has officially been updated to reflect that the set is complete.

If you have social media of any type -- post the link, try to get it to as many people as we can this weekend and get that bid up to a respectable $$ amount.

A mention of the Jimmy V. Foundation might loosen people's pocketbook. If it's not too late.

I was asked about this a couple times privately -- I sent info/notes to include in the writeup, some of which they included, some of which they did not. That is why it is so important for everyone to use social media at this point to get the word out. If we aren't willing to work hard on our end to promote it, than we get what we get.