The Bench Christmas Day Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Make it more of a tradition, rather than a special occasion. Once a week/month etc have time slots for people to post their stuff in the chat room
For example, every tuesday from 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, 10-12 have auctions for specific users that wish to do it.
Or maybe one Tuesday a month, etc.

In my opinion, the Chat here doesn't work well with an interactive auction sale. If it is just posting cards with a BIN price, that is not much different then posting in the B/S/T forum.
I believe the intent originally was to be more interactive, such as Stack sales/auctions that are found on FB and twitter. However with our chat only allowing limited picture capacity it makes it difficult.
Any thoughts on doing a reverse auction (ex. $50 on a Serial Numbered Topps Chrome Lot)? It may be interactive as I am sure there are plenty of people that would be interested in adding to their collection. Plus, people can see what others have offered and see if they can match it, beat it, etc...

Based on responses and on the turnout/activity for the first two attempts, definitely need to adjust how it is handled. With that in mind, haven't had much time to focus on New Years Day, so not going to try and put it together for tomorrow.

Will see what we can do going forward. Stay tuned......