The Bill Hemrick Collection on PSA Slab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
So I have a 1963 Topps Peter Rose RC PSA 5. I have had it for about 6 months now and for some reason, never noticed(or forgot about it) what it has on the slab description - The Bill Hemrick Collection.

1963_Pete_Rose_Bill_Hemrick.jpg

I know Bill Hemrick was a co-founder of Upper Deck and there are quite a few PSA slabbed cards out there with the "The Bill Hemrick Collection". My question, I know he's not a huge celeb or well known but does this increase the value as it was supposedly in his collection at one time or the other?

Highly doubtful there is a premium. If it was a huge celebrity, sure. In some cases it might even be less desirable due to uniformity

Highly doubtful there is a premium. If it was a huge celebrity, sure. In some cases it might even be less desirable due to uniformity

Thanks for the reply. I figured the same thing about it maybe not getting a premium, but not sure if it devalues it unless it was a guy that had some huge negative news on him(does he?).

@Shaggy

I saw nothing but good things about Mr. Hemrick, including this very interesting article from over a decade ago about the state of the hobby at that time and the origin of Upper Deck!

Blessings,

Kevin