The Duke on 11/20/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbinge

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I saw Mr Mopar post up a pic of a 1955 Duke Snider signed Sports Illustrated and I loved it...so I went on the hunt...ended up picking one up on ebay in mint condition for pretty cheap and sent it off a couple of weeks ago...since Duke is a good TTM'er I didn't really worry about it, and if he had kept it then I really wouldn't mind as he signed 2 cards for me last year and I'd just call it even...lol...so nothing to lose, everything to gain as far as I was concerned.

This thing was fun just to read before I sent it...lol...it even has an ad saying "introducing the brand new Chevrolet Corvette" in it.

And here it is...wow.

DukeSnider1955SIAuto.jpg

That is flat out awesome! I have a bunch of signed Sports Illustrated, as well, but not that one. How much did a mint copy of that go for on ebay?

That is flat out awesome! I have a bunch of signed Sports Illustrated, as well, but not that one. How much did a mint copy of that go for on ebay?

$26.79 delivered...then about $8 or so in stuff sending it to Duke and back...so around $35 total in the book.

I got it on a regular 7 day auction, not a buy it now...it was the best one i could find at the time so i just put a $50 bid on it and got it for half that...I was happy....and it looks great...the sig is one of the best I've seen from Duke.