The dust settlles,..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm thinking that Clint is talking about the Baseball Cards market after the last few years in which Topps has been the only "official" company out there. But you are right Mrmopar,.....not really sure.

Quess that I was a little vague,..sorry about that.
Yes I was referring to the baseball card market.Topps being the last one standing I curious about what everyone thought.I noticed also what Beckett says its worth in their eyes isn't close to what the cards are being auctioned off for,..It's kind of a false inflation to justify the price of the packs,..

Clint

Just like the banks own Congress, the card companies own Beckett. The only credible pricing seems to come from auction results and online shops, and the only credible news seems to come from blogs and message boards run by actual collectors.

As far as the cards themselves go, I can't tell anything has changed. Topps is making sure to fill any and all voids in the market with their own flood of products. It doesn't feel like we're being subjected to any fewer sets without Upper Deck in the mix.

Beckett still doesn't make any attempt to cover minor league cards or foreign sets, and the Standard Catalog has now been cut in half, both situations because the companies let most of their staff go in an effort to increase profits.

Last edited: