The Gambler's Induction--Long read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So tonight Kenny Rogers was inducted into the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame..They have a big alumni auto session before..I have never been and boy, was it crazy.I took my 12 yr old nephew and honestly, we had an absolute blast(except for the end of the game when Feliz was throwing 95 mph meatballs down the pipe.) A big thanks to elmesero for helping us get in early(that was super clutch, man). Some of these cards are for others here but I believe we walked with about 150 autos(counting the sig cards they provide--I did not scan those)...

Once you enter, you have about a 50 yd sprint to the lines and have to choose accordingly...we did our best for this 45 minute signing. I think we only missed a couple of lines...So without further ado, here is the haul

DeWayne Vaughn 5 cards
Jeff Russell 3 cards
Don Durham 1 card
vaughn.jpg
Curtis Wilkerson 3 cards
Jose Guzman 2 cards
Tommy Boggs 2 cards
Ted Ford 1 card
Manny Acta 1 card(before game)
boggs-1.jpg
Dick Egan 1 card
Danny Darwin 4 cards
Jim Sundberg 4 cards
darwin.jpg
Mike Simms 2 cards
Toby Harrah 4 cards
Ellis Valentine 2 cards
David Clyde 1 card
harrah.jpg
Jeff Frye 3 cards
David Hulse 4 cards
Craig McMurtry 2 cards
hulse.jpg
Donald Harris 3 cards
Jim Norris 4 cards
Rick Henninger 1 card
Rich Hand 1 card
norris.jpg
Don Stanhouse 2 cards
Dan Smith 2 cards
Dave Roberts 5 cards
roberts.jpg
Mike Jeffcoat 2 cards
Bill Stein 4 cards
Jeff Kunkel 3 cards
stein.jpg
Claude Osteen 2 cards
Duane Walker 4 cards
Mark McLemore 3 cards
walker.jpg
Buddy Bell 5 cards
Todd Van Poppel 4 cards
bell.jpg
Asdrubal Cabrera GU(pre-game)
cabrera.jpg
I gave my nephew the decision of what lines to pick...Rogers, Ryan, and Sierra were the big three but it was impossible for both of us to get each of them...So once we entered, I ran to this line...
Kenny Rogers 1995 AS ball
rogers.jpg
He ran to this line
Nolan Ryan OMLB(I have one FT that I got last month, looking for HOF on OMLBS)
express-1.jpg
It was too long to go get in Sierra's line..We just loaded up on the others..However during the game, I noticed these two walking around
Ruben Sierra 2 cards
Charlie Hough 3 cards
sierra.jpg
So we got everyone we wanted! :)
Plus he got 4 GU OMLBS during the game!!(2 from Carlos Santana and 2 from HP Ump Deryl Cousins...
All in all, a fantastic night
Thanks for reading!!
Chris

Very nice pick ups!

Looks like we both and great days in person! Wish I could have expierienced this one as well.

thanks guys!!! it was a long and hot day out there but well worth it...

I love IP days like that. What a day, Chris! What a day!!!!!!!

Interested in any of the following if any are available:

Mothers Cookie Dick Egan
83T Valentine
73T Roberts
76T Bell
Food Issue Stein

i still need to compile a list of those rangers cards i have signed..i hope to have that done in a few days...ill definitely let you know

thanks guys