The nicest TTMer around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
As many people who have sent requests to Virgil Trucks know, he is a great TTMer and usually includes extra cards added to the ones you send. I did not have any cards of his, so I sent 2 ICs with a note about how I'm a big baseball and Allman Bros. fan (his nephew & great nephew are in the band). He signed both ICs aswell as stamped them with a Vigil "fire" Trucks stamp. Aswell as including a signed card and a signed advertisement for his book. He also included a handwritten note telling me he was happy to sign for me and that Butch and Derek Trucks were in fact good musicians!! He is a complete class act. If anyone has $30 which includes shipping, I recomend buying a book from him, he deserves it.

I agree. He sent me his book for my birthday. We've been writing each other for a while.

I'm glad to hear that you have been corresponding with him. I was thinking of sending a thank you note, but I'll hold off until I can afford the book. Players in his time obviously didnt make much money, and I'd be happy to buy a book from such a nice person.

Virgil Trucks is a great friend to the TTM community. You can get the book for $30 (check or money order/includes shipping) at:

Virgil Trucks
1016 Waterford Trail
Calera, AL 35040

I had not heard that before. The Allman Bros were great. I know they still tour in one form or another, but nothing like the original. One of the hardest luck bands though, right up there with Lynyrd Skynyrd. Ed posted a link about strange coincidences recently. Talk about weird...Not quite as amazing, but Duane Allman and Berry Oakley both died from injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents, almost a year apart exactly of each other, mere blocks from each other!

Allman Bros. fan (his nephew & great nephew are in the band). He signed both ICs aswell as stamped them with a Vigil "fire" Trucks stamp. Aswell as in