The Trifecta Has Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Major week for my Astros autograph collection.

Ever since I began my Astros A to Z Autograph Collection I have had two Top 3 lists. Top 3 Toughest Deceased Players and Top 3 Toughest Living Players.

Well, from day one, the Top 3 Toughest Living Players was as follows:

1. Bob Watkins
2. Leon McFadden
3. Mark Lemongello

Well, it has just been one of those weeks and now I have to make a completely new list.

WatkinsBob.jpg
Private Signing on SCN ($15)

McFaddenLeon.jpg
Private Signing on SCN ($30)

LemongelloMark.jpg
Purchased from abcbrian ($19)

Most definitely some tough ones there, Billy! Congrats on those outstanding successes! I love to see the tough ones. Doesn't look like Lemongello's sig has changed much since his playing days.

I have heard Lemongello's story, but not the others. Were they just reclusive signers or was there a more interesting back story?

If I were to want Lemongello, that would be the one. I like the 78T set signed. My first year of collecting!

I have heard Lemongello's story, but not the others. Were they just reclusive signers or was there a more interesting back story?

If I were to want Lemongello, that would be the one. I like the 78T set signed. My first year of collecting!

Watkins and McFadden are just reclusive and have a dislike for baseball because they don't feel they were given a fair shake. And Watkins may have a legitimate gripe. He had a bad start but he was an amazing pitcher in the minors. He got a couple of shots but got shelled.

Watkins and McFadden are just reclusive and have a dislike for baseball because they don't feel they were given a fair shake. And Watkins may have a legitimate gripe. He had a bad start but he was an amazing pitcher in the minors. He got a couple of shots but got shelled.

I remember Watkins. He was called up in 1969 and got into a few games. He threw hard but was wild. Same thing happened to him in the minors, as I recall. He did fairly well at AA but was amazingly inconsistent at the AAA level. When he was called up to Houston in '69 his era at AAA was in the 6.00 range. I always felt he could be a pretty fair relief pitcher if he learned control. That's what always seemed to get him into trouble in the minors.

I always like seeing fellow team collectors add autos like that. I just added Tommy Gregg to my Braves collection and was getting worried if I was going to since he is so animant against signing cards, especially Braves cards for the last few years.

I always like seeing fellow team collectors add autos like that. I just added Tommy Gregg to my Braves collection and was getting worried if I was going to since he is so animant against signing cards, especially Braves cards for the last few years.

Let us see it :)